BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got rear ended last Friday and the damage to my car was fairly minimal.

It comes down to I will need a new rear bumper and muffler/exhaust.

I got a check cut for the repairs for around $1500. This is supposed to get me a rear bumper + muffler + labor and the insurance adjuster says he will adjust the number where necessary.

This is what I want to do. I want to take this chance to finally get a new exhaust at the same time.

Does anyone know where I can get a painted Titanium Silver oem rear bumper put on at in the state of MD? I would probably need them to obtain the bumper some how and put on the new exhaust. I'm willing to put up any needed monies for the price difference, if any.

Thanks

·
'a certain moderator'
36,713 Posts
u should do the Mtech rear bumper, go for a new look while u have to replace the bumper anyway.

good luck, was the $1500 thru their insurance? did you have an estimate? i hope that this covers all the costs on your car....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it was through their insurance so I don't have to pay a deductible. I don't have an estimate yet. The only thing done so far was the adjuster came out and did his best guess on the cost and cut me a check.

Mtech goes for how much these days painted?

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
Good luck Dukes, I was just rear-ended a couple weeks ago. Luckily the chick stuck around and her insurance took care of everything including a rental car. I had them replace my stock 325Ci bumper with the M-Tech Rear bumper instead, and it looks really good. I don't know exactly how much it cost to fix it, but here's a couple links to the threads I posted about my accident and about the repairs (I've got pics too, including pics of the new m-tech bumper):

This is the thread with the new M-Tech bumper:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124274

Thread with pics of the accident:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120758

And here are some M-Tech part numbers I found; I'll save you the trouble of doing the search:

rear coupe:
51-12-7-893-071 Trim Panel
51-12-7-891-916 Cover
51-12-7-893-074 Flap

51 12 7 893 071 - Rear Bumper Cover

51 12 7 893 071 - mtech rear bumper cover
51 12 7 891 916 - mtech rear bumper trim

Good luck, and let us know how it all turns out. :thumbup:

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
BTW, my repairs totalled a little over $5000 (incl. parts, labor, paint, etc.), so make sure they don't give you anything less than that.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Faheem

Thanks for that great info man. Those part numbers will help out a lot.

One question though, said you didn't know exactly how much everything cost but later said $5000.

Was that 5K including the cost of your rental?

Can I be a little nosey and ask if you have the estimate still handy? Your bumper looked like mine now but a bit more severe.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
Dukes said:
Faheem

Thanks for that great info man. Those part numbers will help out a lot.

One question though, said you didn't know exactly how much everything cost but later said $5000.

Was that 5K including the cost of your rental?

Can I be a little nosey and ask if you have the estimate still handy? Your bumper looked like mine now but a bit more severe.
I had just remembered after I posted the first time that the total cost came to $5k, and thats NOT including the rental. It came to approx. $4900 and some change, closer to $5k. I do have the estimate handy, and I checked it out; its including everything the shop did: parts, paint, labor, etc. These things aren't cheap and keep in mind that the shop I took it to is an authorized/certified BMW body shop, so they may be a little more pricey than others. They also used BMW factory Titanium Silver paint. Lemme know if there's anything else you need...:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts