E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the blow by blow and I am praying there is someone in here who can help!! PLEASE

2003 330i
was driving in bad ice snow storm 2 days ago.
had to disengage DSC because car would have got stuck on hill.

while driving thru this mess, the dash started blinking on and off then 3x this actually happened, the headlights would go from hi beams to low beams to off, then it would come back on then a minute later do the same thing, 2 more times, finally it just stayed on low beams but the lights could not be adjusted hi or low. then when I arrived home the dash lights behind the gauges stayed lit so I figured I roughed up the car and disconnected the negative on the battery and overnight it sat.

then connected battery in am and now no blinkers no dash lights, no running lights for night driving, just the low beams are on constantly when the cars running, brake lights work but not the running lights for night driving, entire steering wheel controls do not work, stereo works heat and air work and the 2 lights on my trunk stay lit all the time now.
gauges work so does the odometer, no service engine light or anything like that.
here is what I did, when I disconnected the battery I noticed I had a 10 year old battery, people told me that that should fix the problem that it was probably going bad and these cars are sensitive, changed that, and nothing happened, went thru every fuse and none blew, now I am in a bad place being a dad of 4 kids and all of them are expensive I need to do repairs myself to afford this car and I just don't know what to do next. has anyone had this happen before or does all the things that don't work point to one thing that maybe went bad?? a relay? a wire?

car drives perfect except for the lights and steering wheel issues

PLEASE HELP ME!!

thank you

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Pick up a copy of BMW PA soft from Xcar360. Its like $35 and it will help diagnose any errors with your electrical system. It does take a little while to get it though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts