E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 33 Posts

· Registered
3,315 Posts
Hmmm. So much misinformation. I think depo is a fairly respectable brand.

Anyways, the only thing I can address is, if you have stock hids, just buy good bulbs. If you're spending at least $60 a bulb, it's good. If your lens are dull and yellow, either wet sand it with 2000 grit followed by hitting it with an orbital sander using that one compound stuff and it'll look brand new. That or replace the lens. Angel eyes dont really make it easier to see at night, maybe slightly at best. Otherwise do what you want with that

· Registered
3,315 Posts
Oh boy. Well, I can't say about the projector lenses themselves but it would boggle my mind as to who would tint those glass eye balls. I think what you're seeing is the darkness behind the glass projector playing an illusion on you making it look darker than it really is. If you want a more accurate look at what that glass is truly colored, remove the rubber water seal boot, and the bulb out of that projector, with your hood up and allowing daylight to be your light.

See if it still looks dark. From what I was told, factory lenses do have a dullness to them. That can be solved by replacing just the lenses. There's this website we go to called retrofit projectors or whatever, google it, that sells more clear and see through lenses. Worth the money? Not to me. I'd rather spend it restoring that plastic outer headlight lens housing or replacing it.

If you want drls, it will require a bit of coding

1 - 2 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.