BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pix for u all ... It's called Ligthning Enhanced from Matt at Umnitza. I do not think that many ppl have it yet...correct me if im wrong...
It's basically the Lightning rings with the OEM look-alike/Gen V ring covering it...i like it a WHOLE LOT!!! :) :thumbup:
just ask Matt if u want more info.

PLEASE do not ask me to take more pix of it cuz im on the other side of the world rite now ... so u'll have to wait till like beginning of Jan :) :thumbup: :D

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
Looks good... I dont know if I want to go through the hassle of taking all the rings off to add the coverings though. They are too fragile...

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
anther version of angel eyes. i cant wait til version 156 comes out

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BudMan2003 said:
Looks good... I dont know if I want to go through the hassle of taking all the rings off to add the coverings though. They are too fragile...
u don't actually have to take the rings off. They go right over the rings. So it's pretty easy to put them on...also, I do not think that those rings are THAT fragile...

·
Registered
370 Posts
i was reading a brochure for BMW's New X5 4.4i that my family just ordered and the angel eyes are called "washers" that keep the light area clear of debris?

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
MMJ4mil said:
i was reading a brochure for BMW's New X5 4.4i that my family just ordered and the angel eyes are called "washers" that keep the light area clear of debris?
Shouldn't washers be the Headlight washing system... angel eyes are lights..

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
rAyZ said:

u don't actually have to take the rings off. They go right over the rings. So it's pretty easy to put them on...also, I do not think that those rings are THAT fragile...
Well then I am gonna have to order them.. :thumbup:

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
and whats the point of the coverings.........just to protect the actual rings?????

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
steel_grey02 said:

so they look oem and not ricey

it looks better than OEM.........OEM's are so freakin dull, barely see it during the day........night too:D

·
1,101 Posts
the thing that i have notice between oem angel eyes and the lightnings is....

the oem rings only shine foward they dont shine all over like the lightnings. with the lightnings shining every direction it throws light back into to dome reflective housing giving it a eyeball effect that doesnt look too oem.-- different but not oem, still can be cool tho.

ive been thinking of a way for months to get the lightnings to only shine "foward" but they are so thin that i dont see it possible. i was thinking something like a black paint on the back half of the rings but like i said , so thin that it wont make a difference.

but now with the "enhanced" if they are covers or go over the lightnings it might be possible to do that and not make them shine to the back, cover the back half with a black paint or something, might make the look alot more oem, it would be a cheap adaptation to the current "enhanced", but it would have to be tried out first to see if works -- just a thought. matt let me know if you have tried this already.

does anyone know what i mean?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts