BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently just bought a rep racing dynamics rear bumper for a coupe, and test fitted it to see how close it would be to fit it. unfortunately, the bumper seems way too wide, Ill take pictures of it this weekend to show you guys how far off it is, just want to know what would have to be done to get it to fit. Its got like a 4 inch gap between the body and the bumper on one side with the other side lined up correctly against the body. Also, would it be a good idea to take the mounting brackets off my OEM bumper and attach them to the fiber glass one? please help me out, me and my cousin are stumped right now :ben:

·
Registered
990 Posts
:facepalm: fiberglass...
+1
just want to know what would have to be done to get it to fit
you would have to cut it in half, remove about 3 & 1/2 inches off of it and remold it with "more fiberglass".. then sand it down and smoothen it out. at least 7 hours of body shop labor at $44/hr.

any chance of returning it?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
+1

you would have to cut it in half, remove about 3 & 1/2 inches off of it and remold it with "more fiberglass".. then sand it down and smoothen it out. at least 7 hours of body shop labor at $44/hr.

any chance of returning it?
^this, Never buy fiberglass bumpers, its not used anymore

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Make sure to install the support bracket before test fitting.

It's probably just a matter of time before the fiberglass breaks and looks like crap. So you might consider returning it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts