E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my service advisor said my car would be done around 5 pm today (dropped off the car at 11 am) but called and said they need to order a new instrumental cluster so i could keep the loaner until tomorrow. well the thing is, im gonna be out of town (probably with the loaner) tomorrow and im worried that they will notify me that my car is done while im out of town...what should i do? would i get charged for keeping the loaner for one more day?? :dunno:

·
Registered
280 Posts
hey buddy, i got a brand new 525i on thursday. They never called me so i kept it overnight. Then they called friday at 5 but i was "in a meeting" and i called back at 6:05 and of course they close at 6. I had it for like 5 days and put 400 miles on it :) hahahah

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
:werd: I bring it back at my convenience. I make sure they know its not me abusing the priveledge, but on the same token I can't be "on call".

·
Registered
253 Posts
It wouldnt be a big deal if you ddidnt return the car after an extra couple of days. Just tell them you were busy

Last time I got a z4 3.0 and had it for 2 1/2 weeks. My service advisor quit and no one bothered calling me. It was fun to drive though

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gucki83 said:
:werd: I bring it back at my convenience. I make sure they know its not me abusing the priveledge, but on the same token I can't be "on call".
true that...well if they call me or whatever. im gonna tell them to pick up the loaner from my location or something which is gonna be about 50-75 miles away from the dealership.

·
Registered
931 Posts
not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but check your car to see if it was repainted...

it would be a shame if your car was smacked up by a BMW parking attendant and they are doing emergency bodywork. if your car looks exceptionally clean when you go to collect, have a once over dude...

you havent seen what ive seen at the dealerships so take this as a friendly advice ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
acitydweller said:
not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but check your car to see if it was repainted...

it would be a shame if your car was smacked up by a BMW parking attendant and they are doing emergency bodywork. if your car looks exceptionally clean when you go to collect, have a once over dude...

you havent seen what ive seen at the dealerships so take this as a friendly advice ;)
how would i be able to tell if the car was repainted?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts