BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I was going to comment on how new the wheel looks. So what's your maintenance routine to keep the alcantara fresh?

And, of course, excellent interior. Thanks for sharing. :clap:

mb
Thanks. I wipe it down with a damp terry cloth using light pressure every week. The key is to use very minimal water. I don't use any detergents, just water. Every two weeks, I brush it with a soft bristle brush after I wipe it down. I also try to vary my hand positions when driving to avoid isolated wear. My GF says I treat it better than her. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,029 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I'm gonna have to get that wheel. On another note I feel the same way you do about that handbrake, and what pisses me off the most is that the alcantara of that and the shift boot dont match. I wish the shift boot had that silver stitching.

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I'm gonna have to get that wheel. On another note I feel the same way you do about that handbrake, and what pisses me off the most is that the alcantara of that and the shift boot dont match. I wish the shift boot had that silver stitching.
Have you looked at shift style? You can get an Alcantara shift boot with light gray stitching for $35. The light gray looks like a close match.
http://www.shiftstyle.com/

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=732186

·
Registered
3,029 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I really want an alu wrapped steering wheel bottom trim

I'm not too handy...is anyone on here up to the task of trying to do this mod?

What I think id really like is the wheel in pic 2 in aluminum look, with the trim on top of the wheel as well.

Ill donate a trim piece to practice on...

Perhaps we can take a quick poll to see the interest of people who would buy one and the person who perfects the technique could make a few bucks.

+1 <

Im in

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Very deceiving vinyl really looks brushed , to be honest I prefer the original black top section and wrapped bottom piece on the wheel like the first picture , from the angle you've taken the pic it lines up with the dash , very nice :)

41 - 60 of 67 Posts