BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walking to my car in the parking lot, i got bored, and pressed the unlock button like a thousand times, now it won't lock or unlock the car, or pop the trunk. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't know about '00 but my key charges its self when in the ignition. No battery to change. Could it be something with the security codes? Like the car tuned out the remote because it was pressed so many times?

·
Registered
726 Posts
you pressed it too many times so the code is not remembering the key...you have to reprogram all the keys. sorry

·
Registered
211 Posts
chad do a search on reprogramming the key. its happen to me before too, i just cant remember the methods on reprogramming it though it is on here somewhere.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I
have to take it to the dealer? Good thing this is the only key I have.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks joe, i didn't see your thread :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"100% sure DIY. close the doors. turn ign on. turn ign off. take key out and while depressing unlock press lock 3 times and the key fob will blink and the doors wil cycle lock and unlock. or maybe its lock and unlock reversed... but anyways that how you do it.... o you have to it for all the keys the cycle ign one more time to stop programming."

It didn't work :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAhahah IT worked! I <3 U guys :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts