BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I am thinking about the raffle. I would like to sell $100 tickets for a chance to win my car. No strings attached, if your name is pulled you win the raffle and you will get my car. I will let the raffle run for 10 days and if enough people don't get involved to cover what I would like to get for the car then I will refund everyone's money. I actually don't even want to recieve money until the 10 days is up. Then if enough people commit one lucky person will win my car. If I get 300 people in right away I will end the raffle early so you will have a 1 in 300 chance of winning the car, thats not to bad. Also I will pay up to $500 dollars to help out with shipping the car to the lucky winner, the car is currently in Peoria, IL. If I get a plethera (The Three Amigos) of people inolved then I can lower the price of the tickets to get more people in but then your chance of winning suffers. When the time is up to enter the raffle, I would like to recieve payment within the next five days. Once everyone is paid up I will pool the names together and the lucky winner will be posted on the forums, so everyone knows this is legit.

Here is the details of the car: The car has a clear title and I will hand it as well as the keys to the lucky winner.

WAUDD68D5YA127295
2000 S4 6-spd, 43K miles, Pearl exterior and Onyx interior. It has every option including the Navigation and CD changer, the only thing it doesn't have is the Cell phone in the armrest. It is in excellent shape and If you want to see pictures just check my pictureposter. I have already sold the 19's, and the Euro's but here is a list of mods that will come with the car.

H&R street coilovers
Neuspeed 19mm swaybar
Neuspeed/Borla exhaust
Neuspeed short shifter
Momo air leather shift knob
HID fog light kit with 6000K bulbs
Sirius satelite radio
Punch 400 4-channel amp
2 ten inch Alpine type R dualvoice coil subs in a custom box that still leaves plenty of trunk space.
M3 Lip spoiler
Tinted windows
Winter floormats
GIAC X-chip and ECU
custom air intake
custom painted grill
17" TSW Fly wheels with brand new LM 22's

I also have all the stock euipment except for the factory wheels.

I would like to start the raffle Nov. 1st and end it Nov. 10th. You will then have until Nov. 15th to get the money to me. If you want you can paypal me the money or send me a bank draft or certified check. I will then draw the winner on Nov. 16th. The winner will then contact me and make arrangements to pick up the car.

This is the first time I have ever done this so if anyone has any good ideas on how I can make this run smoothly then I am open for sugesstions, but I think it is pretty straight forward.

If you want to get in please post here and send me an email or call me at 309-251-9096.

If you are not serious then please don't make things harder on myself and everyone else that will be trying to win the car.

Remember your word is your bond so if you say you would like to buy a ticket for the raffle please stick to it, or it will screw everyone. Your either in or your not, its very simple.

For now assume the tickets will be $100 and if alot more people want in I will let you know the lower price before you send payment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Recommend that you check your state's guidelines regarding raffles - if you have not done so already. Some states have very stringent guidelines regarding raffles, so just looking out to be sure you don't get yourself into trouble.

SoCo

·
Obey my dog
2,596 Posts
how would we know that this isn't rigged or some kind of scam? i'm not saying that you would do this since i don't know you, but maybe your friend or family member coincidentally wins, or maybe everyone sends you money and you just tell them all that they lose. what kind of controls would be in place to protect us?

·
Pwner
309 Posts
WarSong said:
how would we know that this isn't rigged or some kind of scam? i'm not saying that you would do this since i don't know you, but maybe your friend or family member coincidentally wins, or maybe everyone sends you money and you just tell them all that they lose. what kind of controls would be in place to protect us?
exactly my thoughts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
hahaha so shady. people are even weary of wasting 100 on a legitimate organized raffle where u can win a brand new porsche or M3.

·
next mod: recaro child seat
2,237 Posts
he posted this on the vortex also, where it was promptly removed....

as stated above, there are strict legal guidelines about running raffles...and of the 299 who don't win, what if one calls for an AUDIT...then you, Mr. Illegal Raffle holder, are screwed...

all those raffles you see are run by third parties to ensure the "fix" isn't in....

what's to stop you from selling 300 tickets, then giving the car to your buddy for $100????

this is just so shady....:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,055 Posts
Part it out. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
hey buddy. heres a thought...since u don't really want money...u can make a hearty contribution and help a brother out and donate your car to a good cause = ME...how bout it? deal? how about this...i am a non profit organization who accepts donations of new or lightly used german cars. in return you will recieve a lovely plaque for your lovely donation. ohh and one more thing, my organization accepts car parts for 99-2000 e46 sedans preferably with 2.8 liters. thank you for your attention.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Trust me on this

Very Bad Idea.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say I'm sure you have no ill intentions.

Let's even say that you were able to find 300 buyers

and lets say you hand over the keys to one happy guy or girl

....your gonna have 299 people....not so happy with you :ben:

Is it worth it?

·
The Achiever
1,754 Posts
Jeff43 said:
he posted this on the vortex also, where it was promptly removed....

as stated above, there are strict legal guidelines about running raffles...and of the 299 who don't win, what if one calls for an AUDIT...then you, Mr. Illegal Raffle holder, are screwed...

all those raffles you see are run by third parties to ensure the "fix" isn't in....

what's to stop you from selling 300 tickets, then giving the car to your buddy for $100????

this is just so shady....:rolleyes:

Mr. Illegal Raffle Ticket HOOOOLDDERRR

thank YOU mr. illegal raffle ticket holder for taking a chance. Without patriots like you in this world scam artists couldn't take advantage of poor saps all across the world

********"what a chuuuu. uuump"

You provide the fuel for the fire of people to become lazy and earn that extra buck, for that we are greatful...

*******"SO greatfuuuu.uuuuulll"

So keep on wasting Mr. Illegal Raffle Ticket Holder, and keep america proud

***********Mr. Illegal Raffle Ticket HOOOOOLDERRRR

*brought to you by Bud Light

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think im going to try to do this with my E36 M3 Locally through a BMW service place my friends own & an attorney. I think locally & through a someone thats not involved is the only way to do this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts