BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
i actually bought from these guys before, they ARE GREAT!!!.... whats in it for me?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
looks like a vorsteiner hood

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want it to be the seller as I don't want to pay shipping TWICE!! Let me know if you can do ANYTHING!

·
Registered
594 Posts
just email them and see if they are wiling to cut you a break. cause if i buy it for you i have to pay shipping to ship it here than pay shipping to forward it to you... so whose gonna pay the bill...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Forgive me but I gotta ask: what kind of quality do you think you'll get from a product that's 1/4th that of a Vorsteiner hood? I'm a true believer in you get what you pay for. It's almost TGTBT (too good to be true).

Now, develbabyj, you said you bougth THIS one. Did you install it on the car and if so, how was the fit and finish? Please be careful how you answer this, since there may be several of us that might opt to buy this product, get it, be very dissatisfied and say nasty things about you...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Forgive me but I gotta ask: what kind of quality do you think you'll get from a product that's 1/4th that of a Vorsteiner hood? I'm a true believer in you get what you pay for. It's almost TGTBT (too good to be true).

Now, develbabyj, you said you bougth THIS one. Did you install it on the car and if so, how was the fit and finish? Please be careful how you answer this, since there may be several of us that might opt to buy this product, get it, be very dissatisfied and say nasty things about you...
Yeah I agree. The pics look good in the auction but of course it wouldn't take me more than 30 minutes with Photoshop to make anything look good. I'm interested in seeing how it fits especially since even the Vorsteiner hood doesn't fit flush 100% (there's some gap near the headlight housings).

·
Registered
594 Posts
my friend got that hood and fitment is perfect, believe it or not.

·
Registered
594 Posts

you can say whatever you want i dont think you should say $hit about me. if you make a decision to buy something thats on you. not on me. i didnt force your hand on anything. take your own advice and spend 4x more for a Vortsteiner. and no i didnt say i bought THIS one. i said ive bought stuff from them before.

·
Registered
223 Posts
you can say whatever you want i dont think you should say $hit about me. if you make a decision to buy something thats on you. not on me. i didnt force your hand on anything. take your own advice and spend 4x more for a Vortsteiner. and no i didnt say i bought THIS one. i said ive bought stuff from them before.
babydevelj;

Please don't take this out of context. It was NOT meant as a slam, insult or anything else for that matter. Let me try again: we collectively rely on each other's opinions on this board and others like this one. This goes for BBK's, SSK's, exhausts, brake pads, etc. The same goes for this thread regarding an aftermarket hood. All I'm suggesting is be careful with your comments regarding the fact that you bought one and it's great (I'm paraphrasing here). I'm also in the market for a GTR hood and don't feel like dropping almost two grand for the V Steiner hood. This is a fantastic deal...if it's truly a fantastic deal. So, I question your comments by asking you about fitment, quality, durability from the sun, etc.

Now, the monkey is on your back to respond to my questions with truthful and unbiased answers. And, believe it or not, I will believe what you say in that it's either a good deal or not to the point where I might buy it if I see answers that I'm looking for.

Now...if you make some statements here and the item turns out to be a POS, I'm going to question either your honesty or eyesight.

Get your hormones under control. I'm just looking for some straight answers here. Nothing more.

So....tell us, in detail about your experience with this particular product...

·
Registered
594 Posts
babydevelj;

Now, the monkey is on your back to respond to my questions with truthful and unbiased answers. And, believe it or not, I will believe what you say in that it's either a good deal or not to the point where I might buy it if I see answers that I'm looking for.

Now...if you make some statements here and the item turns out to be a POS, I'm going to question either your honesty or eyesight.

Get your hormones under control. I'm just looking for some straight answers here. Nothing more.

my hormones are under control, thank you. As far as a product goes who is to say that if i received a perfect product and you recieve a flawed product from the same company i am to blame based on my experience? how about i take pictures of what i DID buy and you make your own assumptions. everyone is always bashing items because its not in the same price category as some of these companies put them in. "Oh its a GTR hood from company x its like $4000 it must be 20000 times better than this GTR hood from company y." gimme a break. :blah:

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
babydevelj;

Please don't take this out of context. It was NOT meant as a slam, insult or anything else for that matter. Let me try again: we collectively rely on each other's opinions on this board and others like this one. This goes for BBK's, SSK's, exhausts, brake pads, etc. The same goes for this thread regarding an aftermarket hood. All I'm suggesting is be careful with your comments regarding the fact that you bought one and it's great (I'm paraphrasing here). I'm also in the market for a GTR hood and don't feel like dropping almost two grand for the V Steiner hood. This is a fantastic deal...if it's truly a fantastic deal. So, I question your comments by asking you about fitment, quality, durability from the sun, etc.

Are you kidding me? He clearly says he's bought from that seller before. He never said he bought that hood. There's a difference. Now he did say a friend of his had good fitment (note: not him). While he may be satisfied with the product doesn't mean another person will. People have complained about Vorsteiner before; just get OEM if you want perfect fitment, right?

And no one is pointing a gun to your head to purchase this. A review is a review. Some people are satisfied; some aren't. To say lame sh*t like, "say nasty things about you" is borderline retarded.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Must be something in the water... I re-read the original thread. Babydevilj, I owe you an apology. I noticed you had purcased something from these guys, but not the hood. Again, my bad.

Group hug?

·
Registered
594 Posts
sure group hug. anyways back on track, ill take a picture of what i bought and what my friends hood and you guys be the judge. we both have had no fitment issues.

·
Banned
2,967 Posts

You can't alwasy say "you get what you pay for".

·
Banned
2,967 Posts
Are you kidding me? He clearly says he's bought from that seller before. He never said he bought that hood. There's a difference. Now he did say a friend of his had good fitment (note: not him). While he may be satisfied with the product doesn't mean another person will. People have complained about Vorsteiner before; just get OEM if you want perfect fitment, right?

And no one is pointing a gun to your head to purchase this. A review is a review. Some people are satisfied; some aren't. To say lame sh*t like, "say nasty things about you" is borderline retarded.
My Vorsteiner hood, bumper,trunk fit PERFECTLY. It fits like OEM. I even have pics of my fitment of trunk before and after. My diffuser is from Ebay though, and the fitment is perfect.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I do not know this vendor nor am I going to make any assumptions on their quality. I will heed a cautionary warning for those who don’t know or may not recall the ATR/Sauber hoods replicas that were around last year.

There were major differences with Vorsteiner's hood, the main being they use dry vacuum molding versus the wet lay method (differences will be evenness in the weaves, ask some people that have painted their wet-layed hood and see what they think of how their paint job came out after).
The differences in manufacturing also affect strength and durability, as well as weight. Vorsteiner also uses a honeycomb technology to increase rigidity- you can check it out on the underside of the hood.
BMW NA has also chosen Vorsteiner to make their hood on their C&D racecar, just another testament to quality.

So for those claiming there are no differences, well you've been cautioned.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts