BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be in Germany for a month, is it cheaper to buy goods there then bring them back my own, rather than having them shipped through someone in the U.S. or a parts place in the U.S. TIA:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love it! Is there any place online where I can go to get an idea of European Pricing so I know what kinda funds I should leave alotted for my journey over there..

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,649 Posts
don't forget customs fees, not sure what amount of a purchase limit customs allows though before the fees.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This trip is compliments of the United States Military.......I am not flying commercial air.....meaning I don't have to go through customs coming home...

·
unregistered user
817 Posts
Hey bimmerboy you can't bring big boxes of stuff back with you on a miltary flight. If it is an airforce plane then all you are allowed is your gear. Unless the stuff you buy would fit in your duffle and you can hide it. Forget about wheels, wings, bumpers, superchargers. If it is a charter flight (civilian aircraft) then yeah, maybe you would get to bypass customs again but absolutely can't bring quantities of stuff back. I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but they do take that stuff seriously. Trust me, I know all about this stuff from a prior job I once had- If you know what I mean. Its great to talk about bringing piles of cool shiznit back but I know of guys that have gotten busted for this. Its considered using government funds or property for personal gain. You can get smacked pretty hard with UCMJ.

I have a feeling I will get seriously flamed for posting this, but as I said I do have some experience in this area. Just friendly advice. Remember VAT (Value Added Tax) or sales tax in Germany is 17% and the dollar is worth less than the Euro. Your savings won't be that much. $400.00 is the limit for US Customs before you may be require to pay duties.

Don't take this personally man, I'm not slamming you or trying to piss you off. Or piss anyone else off on this board either. It's just that those are the rules and I thought I'd let you know.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Bimmerboy1323 said:
This trip is compliments of the United States Military.......I am not flying commercial air.....meaning I don't have to go through customs coming home...
Are you sure about that? :tsk:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I seriously doubt that stuff is cheaper over here,i think it's more the other way around,b coz of taxes...:dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts