E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I need to buy a scan tool I THINK . My 01 325i has the battery light, (DSC-BRAKE-ABS) and the SES light all on. As well as a blinking oil light.

Auto-Zone obdII readings followed:

P1345- Misfire ignition system cylinder 2 with gas off

P0500- Vehicle speed sensor A malfunction

P1155 - Manufacture control fuel air metering

P0128 - Coolant temp below thermostat manufacture reg. temp

P1620 - Manufacture control AUX input and output

My indy shop in Columbia, SC wants $150 to scan my bmw and print me the codes. (and then just start replacing parts till they fix all the problems) At that price i was thinking about buying a peake scan tool. However I am also wanting to install a factory alarm (witch will need programmed i believe). I also want to be able to set/control/and access the functions that the dealer's are able to.....because my press button on my instrument cluster is broken. I can not even set the clock....or access any of the "hidden functions"

So what kind of tool/software should a purchase Please only respond if you actually own/use the tool/software.

Does anyone know what type of software/tool/scan tool/ code reader i need?

And nope I didn't search. If you don't like that...move on. I don't see anything wrong with talking to people about the same issue...if they are willing to give there input.

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hey dude I'm in school at USC and have an INPA setup. It'll give readings similar to the BMW systems with frequency, engine speed at time of thrown code, etc

Didn't read the rest of your post but I also have the software to program key functions. I've done plenty of local guys cars.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Bimmer App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome man!!!

Let me know when and where and i will be there.. Text me at 814-633-1057 i live up in the north east part of Columbia. The campus is about 15 minutes from me.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts