E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 330i
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been lookin around for so long on what wheels I want on my silver gray, lowered sedan, and I just can’t decide on what I want. Sure there’s “CSL” styled wheels, but so many people rock those lol… there’s gotta be something else that looks great…

I’m also trying to stick with 17” wheels, around $1k is my budget.

Current picture of my car right now:
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Building

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Building

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
182 Posts
I personally love those wheels, and would rock this if I didn't got the car with BBS rs700.
I'd say keep them. Put 1k somewhere else.

Plus your style 68 are one of the best e46s wheels in terms of look & price.

Style 32 are some good looking one, that you can get in 17".

1k can get you a lot of things, either front and rear subframe as new / a nice brand-set of coilovers or OEM+ suspension / Engine overall (with each and every sensor) / Clutch & lightweight flywheel / LSD diff (craigslist).
Juste few ideas that would change your ride a loooot more than wheels, since your car looks awesome.

·
Registered
2005 330i
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally love those wheels, and would rock this if I didn't got the car with BBS rs700.
I'd say keep them. Put 1k somewhere else.

Plus your style 68 are one of the best e46s wheels in terms of look & price.

Style 32 are some good looking one, that you can get in 17".

1k can get you a lot of things, either front and rear subframe as new / a nice brand-set of coilovers or OEM+ suspension / Engine overall (with each and every sensor) / Clutch & lightweight flywheel / LSD diff (craigslist).
Juste few ideas that would change your ride a loooot more than wheels, since your car looks awesome.
I’m mainly going for a “show car” type look, not much of performance and I just want to have genuine fun with the car. Unfortunately, she’s an automatic but swapping the tranny is a plan for the car. I love the 68’s, but I just really want the show car vibe on this car without “destroying” it, as soon older folks would say lol.

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,375 Posts
For a sedan with Mtech I bumpers those style 68's just look "right" to my brain.

I'm also a fan of the style 135's that came on ZHP's and have those on my wagon. Those are 18", not sure if 17 is your limit.

Factory CSL's (style 163M) were 19's, but you can find reps in 18 and 19.

APEX ARC-8's are also another popular wheel that look similar to CSL style wheels.

Edit:

VMR V710's are also a wheel I had considered for a while... Similar to CSL's but with less spokes and is a little more aggressive looking.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Leave the 68s on there, they are beautiful on a lowered car like yours.

If you MUST have something different, the BMW catalogue has a huge collection, including "show wheels" as you call them.

You might like the 2 piece 18" wheels in that case, so look for Style 71, Style 78 and Style 101, which all come in 18" 2 piece options. I'm rocking the 78s on my car as seen in my sig. Some 18" Style 32s would also be very show car and you can still get them new from Turner.

·
Registered
2005 330i
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Leave the 68s on there, they are beautiful on a lowered car like yours.

If you MUST have something different, the BMW catalogue has a huge collection, including "show wheels" as you call them.

You might like the 2 piece 18" wheels in that case, so look for Style 71, Style 78 and Style 101, which all come in 18" 2 piece options. I'm rocking the 78s on my car as seen in my sig. Some 18" Style 32s would also be very show car and you can still get them new from Turner.
Bought some 18in staggered set of style 71’s yesterday and getting them on the car today!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts