E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 BMW 325ci coupe manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I apologize for making a new thread but I couldn't find what I was looking for. I would like to know if it is possible to run a dual caliper setup without removing the factory parking brake. I was looking into the SLG or Chase Bays dual caliper kit but they both say I need to remove the factory system. I have a 2003 325ci coupe. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,410 Posts
Factory parking brake is completely useless to you and besides being fragile is mechanical.

I've seen removal of the cables and handle.
Install a upright handle and master in place of the factory parking brake. There's even mounting points.

Run the lines down the now empty cable tubes. (How I adjust my brake bias on my racecar.) Insofar as a bracket for the additional calipers, you're on your own.
I think I've got you off to a good start.

·
Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
11,410 Posts
Forgot to mention.
Remove the rear discs. Pull out everything associated with the parking brake shoes, pins/springs and the adjuster bar & the lever that connected to the cables.
Having them drag and then lockup at an unexpected moment is no fun.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention.
Remove the rear discs. Pull out everything associated with the parking brake shoes, pins/springs and the adjuster bar & the lever that connected to the cables.
Having them drag and then lockup at an unexpected moment is no fun.
Thanks for the response, I have been looking into going with the dual caliper setup as that would be best. My concern is as sixthandredline mentioned, I would like to use it around town as a parking brake. I live in an area that is very hilly and I don't think just putting it into gear would work.

Any recommendations on a bracket that will work with a second stock caliper? All I see are ones compatible with wilwood calipers.

Now on the topic of an inline setup, can it be ran with abs still? Or will that have to be deleted? If it does need to be deleted that's fine but how would I go about doing it? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m going to install the chase bay here shortly and I’ll let you know how it goes. I want to say a lot of folks have mentioned pulling the right rear wheel speed sensor and it disabling abs without putting it into a limp mode. In fact you could just go try that real quick and check. Follow the sensor back to a small plastic box that houses the connection and unplug it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m going to install the chase bay here shortly and I’ll let you know how it goes. I want to say a lot of folks have mentioned pulling the right rear wheel speed sensor and it disabling abs without putting it into a limp mode. In fact you could just go try that real quick and check. Follow the sensor back to a small plastic box that houses the connection and unplug it.
Awesome! Let me know how it goes. I may order one soon if it works well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts