E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a HIGH QUALITY tint shop who installs Huper Optik in the NJ, NY, PA, CT area? I am looking to do 5% on the back 3 and 15% on the D&P windows, with a 6" "Visor strip" across the top of the windshield (5%)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
JRahn said:
Anyone know of a HIGH QUALITY tint shop who installs Huper Optik in the NJ, NY, PA, CT area? I am looking to do 5% on the back 3 and 15% on the D&P windows, with a 6" "Visor strip" across the top of the windshield (5%)
Call Tom @917-685-4792. Ask to have it done at the Manhattan location. I heard of people having issues at the Brooklyn shop that he rents out sometimes. I believe he is with a company called "The Art of Tint". He did a great job on my car. However, I believe the lowest Huper Optik grade that he deals with is 30% though, which is what I got.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,187 Posts
roller84 said:
Call Tom @917-685-4792. Ask to have it done at the Manhattan location. I heard of people having issues at the Brooklyn shop that he rents out sometimes. I believe he is with a company called "The Art of Tint". He did a great job on my car. However, I believe the lowest Huper Optik grade that he deals with is 30% though, which is what I got.

How much did he charge you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
roller84 said:
Call Tom @917-685-4792. Ask to have it done at the Manhattan location. I heard of people having issues at the Brooklyn shop that he rents out sometimes. I believe he is with a company called "The Art of Tint". He did a great job on my car. However, I believe the lowest Huper Optik grade that he deals with is 30% though, which is what I got.

Thanks!
I assume that you are happy with the 30%? have you found it to be dark enough to keep the interior cool?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
roller84 said:
Call Tom @917-685-4792. Ask to have it done at the Manhattan location. I heard of people having issues at the Brooklyn shop that he rents out sometimes. I believe he is with a company called "The Art of Tint". He did a great job on my car. However, I believe the lowest Huper Optik grade that he deals with is 30% though, which is what I got.
Tom is the man.... Exactly correct about Brooklyn location
Read post
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=199749
Tom is the only NY Huper dealer and probably in top 5 tinters in NY area.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
The point of Huper Optik is that it's way more effective at keeping your car cool than regular tints. That's why they don't come all that dark. Unfortunately, some people want darker tints for privacy, but the lowest Huper goes is a fairly newly released 20%. Very rare tho. Most Huper places go to 30 for their darkest tint.

If you're worried about heat, it's not a problem with Huper.
 

·
Flying Monkey Herder
Joined
·
443 Posts
proveg said:
Tom is the man.... Exactly correct about Brooklyn location
Read post
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=199749
Tom is the only NY Huper dealer and probably in top 5 tinters in NY area.
when i was in getting my tint done by tom, the owner was making comments about how he would charge more for a huper install if it was up to him, etc. they did a crappy job on my tire install/balance.
tom doesnt work for them, he just rents space from them on the weekends.
212 motorsports is just shady. when i had to go back for two windows to be retinted, the owner was back at his stupid comments, and berating tom for replacing the tint (1 had some debris under it, the other i scratched up) for free. tom is a great guy, so i gave him a decent tip for the fixup work and the initial install

212 motorsports: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Tom: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
JRahn said:
Thanks!
I assume that you are happy with the 30%? have you found it to be dark enough to keep the interior cool?
Definitely keeps the interior much cooler. I think that the 30% is perfect. Not too dark or too light. BTW, they actually call it 30%, but Tom said it was more along the lines of 32-33%.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
773 Posts
$450 wwwooowww that's alot of dow... Well it's worth it I guess... I wonder if they have 40% or 45% tints...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,781 Posts
Billmister said:
$450 wwwooowww that's alot of dow... Well it's worth it I guess... I wonder if they have 40% or 45% tints...
worried about nj tint laws too?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
773 Posts
DMXtremeZ said:
worried about nj tint laws too?
laws?.. not at all... I had 35% lumar tints all over except front windshield of course... It's just that i'm looking to go lighter than 35%... maybe 40%
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top