BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will i get a descent drop in the rear like 1 in? With these...How well will they work w/ my factory shocks?

·
pinoyfanatic
9,121 Posts
I have a used set for sale H&R part# 50484-88. I used it for less than 5K miles. Coils are still clean. They are still on my car, but will be coming off in a week. PM me an offer if your interested. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
not sure but i've heard after a year you will need new shocks because the stock ones aren't made for those stiff springs but thats what i've heard not sure but the drop on the race is really good

·
Registered
585 Posts
Okay what is the part number of your springs. If it is 29484, and you have sport package, the car will be lowered 1"/ft and .5"/rr.
The oem sport shocks you have (assumming you have sp), it would be okay. But, they will wear out after 20-30K miles (my experience).

However, the drop is very nice. IMHO.

Chris:)

·
Registered
528 Posts
The oem shocks will last, but the ride is going to suck. For $550 I'd spend the money and get the cupkit if you can. I went 29484 with oem shocks and had problems bottoming the suspension on freeway dips. And over choppy pavement the car was almost uncontrollable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts