E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the suggested break in procedure for this clutch?

Chris K said the procedure was on HPF's main page but I found nothing.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6, none of that flappy paddle stuff over here lol

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
break in for 6 MT or Paddle especially is supposed to be AGGRESSIVE. iF YOU DONT break it in aggressively like i did NOT, then you may experience clutch chatter upon take off in first gear from a dead stop.

The car brain must LEARN the new clutch only when driven aggressively or it wont work very well on take off. mine has excessive chatter. I need to have the adaptations cleared and re teach the brain box.

I honestly dont know how critical this is for non SMG. It would'nt hurt to be aggressive on take off while the car is adapting to the new hardware for your 6MT.

I also imagine its like brakes. You want to transfer clutch material on to your pressure plate...aggressive.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
I didn't do anything different from normal driving with my "NON FLAPPY PADDLE" gearbox...most of my immediate driving after getting the kit installed was highway pulls :eeps: ...about 1% city and 99% highway :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My question mainly is: can I take it to redline repeatedly?

Also, unrelated to clutch, should I baby the kit for a while at all?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I didn't do anything different from normal driving with my "NON FLAPPY PADDLE" gearbox...most of my immediate driving after getting the kit installed was highway pulls :eeps: ...about 1% city and 99% highway :D
Im with you on that, I drive normal and dont follow "brake in periods" with clutches, depending on the material. Ive yet to have a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts