E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We took the car out tonight but only got in 1 "semi" serious pass. The first pass the car got really loose so we upped the tire pressure and the 2nd pass I was able to stay into almost to the 1/8th mile mark. On that pass I left the line with only 8psi so tomorrow we're going to keep running the boost at the line higher until we lose traction. We've run it as high as 30psi on the transbrake but that would of course bust the tires free. It takes a little while to stage that big turbo so in the future we'll run a small shot of NOS to get it to stage quickly. Unfortunately it rained after that pass so we're going to try again tomorrow.

Here's a quick video of PIR today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elamH9oF6eQ

VBox Log. 1.3gs. Zero to Sixty in 2.2 seconds. Zero to Eighty in 3.1 secods. Lifted a little at 5.5 sec, Let off at 6.2 seconds :)

Here's the dyno graph right before the run. The auto and the "loose" converter makes the power "appear" quite a bit less than it would be with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
0 Posts
How is your trap speed 86 with a ten second 1/4? I trapped at 128 spinning half way down the track in my mustang in a 12.78 pass

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer

·
Registered
502 Posts
^ It's because he let off at the 1/8 mile. If you go over 135mph or 9 sec you need an NHRA licence. He was already at 111mph in the 1/8 so he would have been over at the 1/4.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I saw the 1/8 mile time, just hard to believe he let off that soon and still ran a 10! Damn!

·
Registered
538 Posts
^ It's because he let off at the 1/8 mile. If you go over 135mph or 9 sec you need an NHRA licence. He was already at 111mph in the 1/8 so he would have been over at the 1/4.
I was wondering the same thing, like WTF?! Engrained into my memory is a previous best of 14.69 @ 93.5mph in an old car, so I'm thinking what on earth was going on here.

There is no way I would think fast enough at the 1/8th mark to let off the gas so I wouldn't break 135mph.

Congrats, that's awesome!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Can't wait to see this thing run a full pass. It's going to be impressive.

What does the dash say when you start it? Can't make it out in the video? I programmed my Aim dash in my racecar to say "You are the Stig" when it starts up:lmao:

·
Registered
599 Posts
6.08 1/8 mi I would guess around 9.3 1/4 mile in that current configuration/launch. Car sounds good!

Here is a slip from Donovan's E30 with a similar 1/8 mile time. The traps will be lower with the auto trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I found the video to be interesting and informative...especially the 60' time...impressive! Thanks for posting. I kind of like the car the way it looks now. I know you have plans for a fancy paint job later....
Where is Fallon? She has to do this too.

Note: Chris isnt working on reaction time at all right now...just staging and license runs. Once he gets used to all the things needed to do to stage properly THEN he can work on RT.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Ohh wow that car is moving!!!!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
You're trapping super fast. Nice work. Work harder and you'll break into the 90mph range.

Sounds awesome dude! Can't wait to see this thing running full out.
Thanks.

MarcusLSB said:
Wow, thats moving.. 10.65 @ 80 or so mph!
It felt so incredibly smooth. Like taking off in a jet.

BDave said:
I found the video to be interesting and informative...especially the 60' time...impressive! Thanks for posting. I kind of like the car the way it looks now. I know you have plans for a fancy paint job later....
Where is Fallon? She has to do this too.

Note: Chris isnt working on reaction time at all right now...just staging and license runs. Once he gets used to all the things needed to do to stage properly THEN he can work on RT.
Fallon wanted me to make sure it's safe before she drives it. So I got to take the first passes. :) I will have the RT's down to .01 or so once we run spray to get the converter on line.

Evil Twin Rob said:
Definitely a low 9 second car the way it sits. A few tweaks should get it to 8's. Reaction time needs a little work though
Ha ha. I agree 8's will be just a few tweaks away. I'm going to do my license passes tonight and we shall see where we end up.

6.08 1/8 mi I would guess around 9.3 1/4 mile in that current configuration/launch. Car sounds good!

Here is a slip from Donovan's E30 with a similar 1/8 mile time. The traps will be lower with the auto trans.
Thanks Mike. We will try coming out of the hole a bit harder tonight and hopefully get a full pass.

dallasberry said:
I would agree! Should see some pretty fast times now that this is a purpose built drag car.
Plus It's running the old HPF Built motor out of the orange car. ha ha.

02PRUV said:
Can't wait to see this thing run a full pass. It's going to be impressive.

What does the dash say when you start it? Can't make it out in the video? I programmed my Aim dash in my racecar to say "You are the Stig" when it starts up
Thanks. :) It says "HPF Drag M3"

Commanderwiggin said:
Very quick that's for sure...definitely in to see this beast go faster! An auto definitely puts the power down.
Thanks Kenton.

deadpass said:
That's a really quick 60' time, can't wait to see this beast completely off the hook.
Thanks. I'll have onboard go pros next time.

ChicagoRy said:
I was wondering the same thing, like WTF?! Engrained into my memory is a previous best of 14.69 @ 93.5mph in an old car, so I'm thinking what on earth was going on here.

There is no way I would think fast enough at the 1/8th mark to let off the gas so I wouldn't break 135mph.

Congrats, that's awesome!
SUHLeen said:
I saw the 1/8 mile time, just hard to believe he let off that soon and still ran a 10! Damn!

Ha ha. Yes. I added the VBox log to the first post. :)

Bimmerguy82 said:
Exactly.

VBox Log. 1.3gs. Zero to Sixty in 2.2 seconds. Zero to Eighty in 3.1 seconds. Lifted a little at 5.5 sec, Let off at 6.2 seconds :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.