BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a zo6 vette with 500 h/p in a 1/4 mile race or on a twisty road do.... i am just curious with the added h/p from a stage 2 or 3 would the m3 win ??????
bobm3 :hmm: :hmm:

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
No and No...

I bet the vette runs an 11.5 or less in the 1/4 (the m3 would run high 11s...) and the vette weighs sooo much less that it would spank the M3 in the corners...

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Z06> AA stage 1-3 with nos
Z06 < AA stage 4

z06 with drag radials> AA stage 4+

:hmm:

stage 4?

thought there is only stg 3 with Nitrous.

besides the vette is no joke. the right driver behind the wheel of one will destroy most.

·
Banned
3,835 Posts
OK think about this
AA Stage 3 vs. Z06 Vette (DIG) - M3 has traction problems and Vette takes off like a rocket while the AA has no chance of even catching up.

AA Stage 3 vs. Z06 Vette (30mph roll) - M3 still has minor traction issues and Vette pulls 1-2 cars by 100 and flies away after 150

AA Stage 3 vs. Z06 Vette (freeway roll) - Much closer but by around 150, vette will pull mabye 2-4 cars

Corners...dosn't matter the Vette will spank it left and right like it was a bus on bike tires

reason why?
the M won't be able to put down the power down low, doesn't matter how much power you have..its useless if you cannot put it down to the pavement. The Vette however, was designed to handle that much power and can actually put down that power.

But then again, an AA Stg 3 M3 is a complete different car than a Z06 Vette

The M3 would be a easy DD while the Vette will send you to the doctors for back pain.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
MMMM hpf turbo kit on freeway roll!

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
after reading about the ls7 motor and a couple people dropping it in their e46 m3, i'm considering going that route. looks much better than getting a s/c.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bob.... I say just buy the supercharger and then give me ride in it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, I don't think the M3 can compete with the Z06 in the performance department. Regardless of how much HP it has.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Yeah, that may be true... but give the vette a little "oomph" upgrade too. Here is a little kit you can do :yikes:

Lingenfelter 427 CID
800 HP Twin Turbo
C6 ZO6 Corvette

I mean... this is basicly anyone will ever see from the vette if you race them

gradually getting smaller and smaller as it flys away from you

·
Psshhhht M3
6,001 Posts
I've seen C5 Corvettes with a big NOS shot do sub-10 1/4 miles. If you're going to compare modded M3 to modded Z06 then the gap between the two will get bigger, not smaller.
Sub 10's with a Drag setup and at a good track.

Were comparing a 3.2 I6 to a 7 litre V8 obviously the M3 should be modded for a fair comparison.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
OK think about this
AA Stage 3 vs. Z06 Vette (DIG) - M3 has traction problems and Vette takes off like a rocket while the AA has no chance of even catching up.

AA Stage 3 vs. Z06 Vette (30mph roll) - M3 still has minor traction issues and Vette pulls 1-2 cars by 100 and flies away after 150

AA Stage 3 vs. Z06 Vette (freeway roll) - Much closer but by around 150, vette will pull mabye 2-4 cars

Corners...dosn't matter the Vette will spank it left and right like it was a bus on bike tires

reason why?
the M won't be able to put down the power down low, doesn't matter how much power you have..its useless if you cannot put it down to the pavement. The Vette however, was designed to handle that much power and can actually put down that power.

But then again, an AA Stg 3 M3 is a complete different car than a Z06 Vette

The M3 would be a easy DD while the Vette will send you to the doctors for back pain.

M3s are no slosh when it comes to handling. I used to slap those C6s and C6Zs around on the track.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts