E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought trmotorsport c2 wheels. 18x8.5 I think. What's the widest tire I can mount on a 8.5 wheel?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Your ride being the same as mine... depending on offset 255/35 or 265/35... however width is pointless at that size on a car like ours other than visual appeal. I'd run 235/40s just for ride quality and price of tires.

BTW my rears came with 255/35s. When the rubber is done on them I am putting on 235/40s

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Don't go more than 255. 255 squared can fit but depending on ET you may need to get fenders rolled. Another member on the forum has apex arc-8s 18x8.5 with 255s squared and has no fender modifications to my knowledge so it is possible.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. I got 245 35 18. The ET is 48. I am lowered on tein s springs. What size spacers do you guys recommend

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App

Attachments

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Test fit first and figure out for yourself. Based on camber and slight variations every car is different. I would say 10 or 12 mm in the back likely, 8 or 10 mm in the front.

Test fit first.

·
Registered
993 Posts
You can't really test fit with spacers you don't have. :p

J_block, get a ruler and measure from your tire's sidewall to your fender and see how much clearance you have. Then get spacers a 5mm or so smaller than how much clearance there is. Otherwise you may get some herrafrush rubbing.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I meant put the wheels on and then measure. Can stack washers behind wheels as well (don't drive obv) and meansure how thick the stacks are to get an idea. Problem is you won't know behaviour under cornering/compression.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.