E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,

I have a 2001 325i w/sport package. I have H&R lowering springs on the car and I'm planning on buying some rims next week for my car. I'm looking at 19in Hartge Classics. Going staggered with 19x8.5 (40 offset) front and 19x9.5 (45 offset) rear. What is the widest that I can go without any modifications to the fender or fender lip. Some people told me that 265/30/19 will be fine in the rear while others say that it will rub. They quoted the recommended size for the rear on a sedan is 245/30/19.
Please help.
THanks,
Mike

·
Registered
264 Posts
from personal experience....245's in the rear are the most u can go....if you go with 255's u need to get ur fenders rolled and it'll only rub when u have 3 people in the back....with 265's you'll start to rub with 2 people....and if your car is lowered....forget about all of the above....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
djyoungz said:
from personal experience....245's in the rear are the most u can go....if you go with 255's u need to get ur fenders rolled and it'll only rub when u have 3 people in the back....with 265's you'll start to rub with 2 people....and if your car is lowered....forget about all of the above....
Damn, that sucks. So what kind of setup did you go with?

Is it better to just go with 235/35/19 all the way around? And if so can I stil get a staggered setup? The reason being is because I want a deeper lip in the rear.
Since the car was lowered, would I be able to still run 245's? Because you said forget all of the above.
Thanks again for all your help
Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
265's.......

djyoungz said:

19.5's with a 45 offset on the rear with slight rubbage over large bumps. Run a 265/30 on them....
Eibach pro-kit drop.

·
Registered
401 Posts
djyoungz said:
255's are are an option for e46's

·
loves M.J.
4,895 Posts
running 255s offset, iForged refuse to disclose..No rubbing 'problem' even w/ a full house. Drove from SD to Portland w/ all my college stuff packed in the car, rubbed maybe 4-5 times because i was going 90 on the freeway and it was a generous bump.

Got fenders rolled and removed plastic piece, i never rub unless its full of people. I love it!!!!!!!!!! toyo t1-s, round sidewalls help i think.

Friend has 265s, he rubs w/ shaved fenders and w/o anyone in the car around harder corners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.