BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small chip in the driver side door. I went to the BMW dealership, and purchased some touch up paint. It came with one little bottle titled basecoat, and another titled clear lacquer. Can someone instruct me on how to use these?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I clean the area with alcohol or sand lightly with a small piece of sandpaper if there is any light rust. then use a toothpick to apply the paint, the brush will put too much. I would put a few very light applications. apply the paint lightly with a toothpick and let it dry, then repeat. you can do the same with the clear but with it I usually use the brush but scrape most of it off but leave enough where you can lightly cover the area.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wait so which one do u use first?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
somebody help me

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Do what the previous posters said, they're spot on.. After everything is said and done and dry, you can wetsand the area then buff it out so it blends even better.

·
Registered
280 Posts
its just touch paint man lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what is wetsanding??

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
your making it out to be the end of the world bro relax. everythings going to be ok. and listen to IKE, he was spot on. it's a pretty simple process man. you wont mess up

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was thirty dollars at the bmw dealership. Ha yeah it turned out ok thanks you guys.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have a tire that's low on air, I drove to a service station and I'm standing at the pump...but unsure. Can somebody help me?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Somebody help him!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I use the same OEM BMW touch up paint from the dealer on my car and it has detailed directions on the box..........if you can read these replies, why the funk can you NOT read the box?????????

·
Registered
4,908 Posts

·
Just Nuts
7,253 Posts
I use the same OEM BMW touch up paint from the dealer on my car and it has detailed directions on the box..........if you can read these replies, why the funk can you NOT read the box?????????
Noobs can only read stuff written by other noobs. So OP is here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts