BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought last week a M3 with SMGII. It was traded with my 2000 Porsche Boxster S with airbox, racing exhaust system, camshafts, remaped ecu, H&R springs with bilstein sprint shocks, front and rear struts bars, short-shifter. The car in the dyno made 307hp. The car is so quick as the evoVI(from 0-120mph) and porsche GT3.

Now i feel the M3 slower compared with my last car but i know that the car has a great potencial. Can you advice me what is the best for this car and where i can find the products.

Engine: exhaust system(headers, mufller,...),performance airbox, remaped ecu, camshafts,...

Suspension: Bilstein PSS9, H&R coilovers, K&W coilovers,...

Wheels and Tires: i'm thinking to put the 18" bbs challenge with 235/40 in the front and 265/35 in the rear. I choose this size because allows to put tires approved by Porsche. Can i find lighter wheels than the 18" BBS CH? Is this a good decision of the tires sizes?

Advanced gratefulness for your answers,
Tiago

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,183 Posts
all i can say is

you know most very thing to do. i can tell you dinan as a wheel that weights in at 20lbs. it is suppose to be very light. also check their exhaust system to suppose to be lighter than stock.
all the work you want to do is up to your tase i thing.

i can say get the shark comp. softwear for your car. 5 minutes to map your engine or to make it oem again when you bring in the car to dealer for sch. check ups.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
640 Posts
there are lighter wheels than 18 Challenges. I personally would go with some 19s to fill out the wheel wells, the volk le-37's just came out for the M3, they are under 20 pounds each in 19x10.5 rear, and 19x9.5 front. Go to tirerack.com and there are some other wheels for your car. I am not sure where to buy the volks, but im sure someone here does.

·
Gear up, shut up!
1,240 Posts
Tiago...

GruppeM makes a great Carbon Fiber Intake system for the car that shows marked improvment above 4K rom. As for cams...Shrick offers both race and sport cams. Heads can be done by technik.

Exhausts are plentiful but most are not going to give more than 7 or 8hp.

Tiago...software outside the US is something that i dont know to much about though

If you want some more info Contact me at [email protected] or contact [email protected] if you might want to order something

For more M3 specific info...check out www.m3forum.com

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
there are lighter wheels than 18 Challenges. I personally would go with some 19s to fill out the wheel wells,
He said he wants performance. EVO did an article on the E46 M3 with stock 18s and 19s and said that the 19s distorted steering feel and through of the nice balance of the car as seen on 18s.

For performance I would look into some lighter 18s (and wider), better tires. I'd go with a GC suspension but seriously, if you want a track car you need to lighten that puppy. I'm not sure how attached you are to those seats and the interior accoutrements but the E46 is a heavy lady.

Enjoy Portugal. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check my set-up, it may help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts