E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If mine is a step.
When I stop in the red light, if i shift the gear to N, can this save gas??
If i always shift from D to N, and N back to D.
Will this hurt the car engine??

·
Registered
699 Posts
Just wax your car. Less wind resistance=better gas mileage!

:nerd:

(just kidding before anyone flames me)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cgrizzly888 said:
NO, it won't save gas. Just leave it in D, the torque convertor prevents wear on the tranny.
thanks alot, so i am not going to do it anymore.
That's just my friend tell me since he say in a manual tranmission, they can do it to save gas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WhiteDagger said:
Like others said, just leave it in D...

And why is this in the detailing forum? :hmm:
Isnt asking for detail question in this part??

I am not sure.. i am lost...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
well I think that you are a little confused. Detaling is like detailing your car hmm let me make it simple very detailed cleaning of your car, most people give advice on how to clean your car in ths part. For qestons likethis you should post in genral forum If you look under the titles of the forums it gives a description as well. Hope this helps

·
Likes Supermodels
2,334 Posts
if u want to save on gas, then obviously u must either walk, consider public transportation or carpool. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think a good way to save gas is not to floor it and just try to drive at a constant pace. Ever since I bought my bimmer I can't stop looking at that gas comsuption gauge, it's driving me nuts!!!

·
A Flammable Plumber
4,011 Posts
djsway said:
I think a good way to save gas is not to floor it and just try to drive at a constant pace. Ever since I bought my bimmer I can't stop looking at that gas comsuption gauge, it's driving me nuts!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....... i`m not the only one :woot:

·
unregistered user
809 Posts
hidehide said:
If mine is a step.
When I stop in the red light, if i shift the gear to N, can this save gas??
If i always shift from D to N, and N back to D.
Will this hurt the car engine??

Wrong forum bro, but to answer your question automatic trans = less fuel economy because of the extra hp needed to turn them. Putting your car in N when stopped does nothing because the engine is at idle and not putting any power to the wheels.

·
is on da floor
2,715 Posts
in a automatic car doesnt the rpm drop when you come off the gas? kinda like the same thing as putting it into N. dont see why you should do it when you have a toruqe converter there to do the job

1 - 15 of 15 Posts