BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am in the process of installing the BMW Aux kit to add an input for my iPod. I have the cable installed and routed down inside the dash into the area around the gearchange (it's a stick shift). I would like to route the cable back into the center console so I can install my iPod in the Eurotray (where the cup holders normally go in US models).

But I can't seem to see any way to route the cable through the area where the four way flasher and the lock buttons are mounted. Is there any way I can fiddle a cable through here or do I need to drill a hole?

Cheers,
Bob

·
Registered
392 Posts
Undo the center console and you can lay the cable right below it. I then fed my dynavin usb extended cable through the hole under the cup holders. I just pop the cup holders out and plug the usb in and sit the cup holders back in. never see any wires or anything. I keep a 4gb usb drive full of music and I have anothe usb with music videos. Never a dull moment in my car! I DID NO DRILLING!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - the pics in that DIY show me what I need to know. I hadn't thought to take out the rear ashtray and look for screws there.

This pic http://www.pbase.com/jeffwong/image/19840929 shows the front of the console assembly. The small hole you can see in the corner is big enough for my cable to go through. I just need to find a way to fiddle it through there, probably using a stiff wire first and then following through with the aux cable. This way I don't need to take the console out.

I think I'll have to wait for daylight though!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
It was tight, but I was able to fish my aux cable through there fariliy easily without disassembling too much of it. No drilling.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts