BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a E46 board, but I am trying to help out a friend of mine and for lack of a better place I thought I would start asking here. He has a E36 that has a severely chipped hood roundel. I bought him a new, OEM roundel and am trying to figure out how to pop off the old one and attach the new. Anyone have any experience in this? Is this a do it yourself job or do I need to take it to a shop? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
48 Posts
here you go:::

Emblem Removal.
The hood or trunk badges on your BMW are pushed into grommets to hold them in place. These grommets are located at 3 and 9 o'clock. To remove a badge use a thin bladed screwdriver and a clean rag. Lift the badge up a little at a time using the rag under the screwdriver to protect the paint. Once you can get your fingers under the badge, pull it straight up. Be very patient and do not rock the screwdriver. Always lift straight up so that you don't scratch the paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the great info, will give it a try as soon as the roundel arrives. thanks again!

·
OO[][]OO
525 Posts
another alternative way is with the use of two credit cards - one from the left and one on the right side on the emblem and start prying the emblem up :)

ps: it is good advise to replace the 2 grommets too...

3C
-------------------------
330CiEVOSport
A6Q
C280

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts