BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a easy method to remove the metal plate on the Ski Pass located between the rear seats? Someone told me that you can strike it and it will fall right out, but it seems like it's welded onto the metal surround. Has anyone done this with a simple strike or hit that removed it in one piece or did you have to use a drill and caused a big-ass mess?? Trying to build something like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
BeamerDaddy2001 said:
Does anyone have a easy method to remove the metal plate on the Ski Pass located between the rear seats? Someone told me that you can strike it and it will fall right out, but it seems like it's welded onto the metal surround. Has anyone done this with a simple strike or hit that removed it in one piece or did you have to use a drill and caused a big-ass mess?? Trying to build something like this:
It's easier than it looks.

It is spot welded all around the openning. Get the 1st one broken by using a hammer and flathead screwdriver. Once the screwdriver is in there use it as a lever and the rest will pop out easily.

I think I may have used a flathead crowbar.

Now get crackin'!

·
Registered
384 Posts
if u just take out that metal piece whithout putting something back (a sub or something like that). Will it increase the noise from the back??

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Re: Re: How to remove the Ski Pass metal plate

noflash said:

It's easier than it looks.

It is spot welded all around the openning. Get the 1st one broken by using a hammer and flathead screwdriver. Once the screwdriver is in there use it as a lever and the rest will pop out easily.

I think I may have used a flathead crowbar.

Now get crackin'!
hmm i'll try that later......It'd be cool to take stuff out of my trunk. Or maybe i can hide in my trunk and then pop out of the hole.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
oh damn i forgot. I can't do that because this is the back of my seat. I remember i posted about this and i would have to cut my actual seat too

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: How to remove the Ski Pass metal plate

p0tpie said:
hmm i'll try that later......It'd be cool to take stuff out of my trunk. Or maybe i can hide in my trunk and then pop out of the hole.
Easy to stash the drugs when you get pulled over by the popo :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go ahead and cut the dam seat :D Get a razor and put a cross cut or "X" cut in it and then you can tuck the pieces in and glue it. Will look picture perfect!

p0tpie said:
oh damn i forgot. I can't do that because this is the back of my seat. I remember i posted about this and i would have to cut my actual seat too

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
haha its alrite. I read that it doesn't improve the sound. I even turned up the music with the seats folded down and its not much of a diff

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
my 02 the thing does not come open on my 00 I had a arm rest there and I just took the back lining out with a phillips head screw driver then busted the metal plate with a screw driver

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BGReddy00 said:
what???? I just pounded it hard as i could from the back haha is kinda like sex!
That did not work for me. I pounded it as hard as I could and even use the screw-driver and dented that plate all over. Not one of those spot weld got loosed. I took the dremyl and went to work on it and got a whole bunch of mess in the car seat. It sucks big time man, but I guess I got some cleaning to do.

·
The Man you Love to Hate
284 Posts
I COULD NOT punch it out with a hammer....... Believe me, I tried

You need a dremmel or something

Ron helped me out :D

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EXACTLY - I pounded and pounded all day long and bend that metal plate in all kinds of way :D Not one of those dam spot weld came loose. That metal plate is on there, pretty solid.

If anyone comes up with a trick to get it off then I will be very impressed :bow:

silroc said:
I COULD NOT punch it out with a hammer....... Believe me, I tried

You need a dremmel or something

Ron helped me out :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts