BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

A friend of mine just picked up an M3 and wants to switch to ACS pedals. Does anyone know how to get the stock M3 dead pedal off?

TIA

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
he should just replace it with a platic one that comes w/ the other e46's and sell his m3 one. :dunno:

when i swapped mine, i don't remember how it was attached.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
e46boy said:
come on now.. you not a newbie....
http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/howtodetail.php?howto_id=16

check how to .. it shows you how, but you gotta get the stock 3 series platic one so the acs one can be attached...
We were looking at this - but it looks like putting one on - not removing it. I told him to back track the directions - but he says he can't get the door sil part off.

I was hoping that someone else had a DIY.

LOL - I always rag on people to use SEARCH. :thumbup:

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
CTOM9 said:

We were looking at this - but it looks like putting one on - not removing it. I told him to back track the directions - but he says he can't get the door sil part off.

I was hoping that someone else had a DIY.

LOL - I always rag on people to use SEARCH. :thumbup:
yeah i had a problem with that part too, i just yank and screwdriver under that thing and pull it, it worked, but be careful not to break anything :D

·
Dale Earnhardt's Double
535 Posts
It's simple.

The M3 Dead Pedal is the exact same as on the coupe/convertable except for the piece of aluminum & Plastic that has been attached to it by 2 or 3 plastic rivets. These rivits are a part of the black plastic insert with the M logo on it. They hold the entire pedal to the trim piece. Simply remove the trim piece as per the DIY, take a drill to the backside and drill into the plastic rivets. It pops right off and you now have the standard trim piece with a couple of small holes down the middle of it. Place your AC Schnitzer or UUC dead pedal over this and mount it. Save some bucks!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: It's simple.

pfloyd57 said:
The M3 Dead Pedal is the exact same as on the coupe/convertable except for the piece of aluminum & Plastic that has been attached to it by 2 or 3 plastic rivets. These rivits are a part of the black plastic insert with the M logo on it. They hold the entire pedal to the trim piece. Simply remove the trim piece as per the DIY, take a drill to the backside and drill into the plastic rivets. It pops right off and you now have the standard trim piece with a couple of small holes down the middle of it. Place your AC Schnitzer or UUC dead pedal over this and mount it. Save some bucks!
Thanks. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts