BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I taped my hamann eyelids with 3M molding tape and was trying to remove them, but it looks like the tape is very strong and I am afraid that the eyelids would just break apart if I just pull them out. Are there any kind of solvent or something like that so that the tape would just come out?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have mine taped the same way, you might want to take a hairdryer to the tape to heat/loosen it up and use dental floss just like if you were going to debadge the car. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like a safe way to remove them without doing any damage to the underside.

SkiX

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if this will help but in the U.K we have this stuff called Stickey stuff remover, it is a natural product and it will shift most adhesives it did not think twice about removing the 10 year viynal from my rear window on my last car before i sold it and there was no mark left behind either, which there normally is , it's cheap too.

regards:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

can you provide me with the actual name of the product or does anybody know if there is an equvialent product in the US?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry did not have a bottle next to me at the time anyway.

Product manufactured by: MYKAL

Address
MYKAL Industries LTD.
Morris Close
Park Farm Industrial Estate,
Wellingborough,
Northamptonshire
NN8 6XF
England

Tel: 01933 402822

This stuff is great you want to look into this stuff because it is of natural citrus technology it's so easy to use just apply and leave to work it's majic for a few minutes and it will move most adhesives, not meaning to sound like a sales rep but it must be seen to be believed. And no i don't work for them.

Hope this helps.

Regards QS500

1 - 7 of 7 Posts