E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANybody know how to remove the BMW emblem on the hood of a 2002 530. I dont know if its the same as the 3 series. My moms logo faded or chipped off so we got a new one, i just have no clue how to take the old one off, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd imagine it's just like a debadge, you either heat it up or pour some adhesive remover under it and kinda cut it off with fishing line or something in the diy section on this site. But, I also think it might be held on with a grommet, so you might just have to pry it off. I would try both, since it's already messed up who cares if you break it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I ve posted this b/4...
Slide a credit card under the Roundel between the car and the roundel at the 6:00 position then use a small flat tip screwdriver to gently pry it up using the credit card as protection for your paint... The roundel has pins at the 3 & 9:00 positions. Once you lift it enough with the screwdriver to grab it with your fingers, pull straight up and it will pop right off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts