E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holy crap taking the pillar off was easy but putting the back on is like impossible there's got to be some trick to this

I'm literally about to get some Velcro going

·
Registered
144 Posts
I dunno if its the same for ur car as min, but start out with sliding in the top first so you get the tabs into the clips then you need to push on it with one hand and with a flat head screwdriver try to get the weather striping over it. If you do not get the striping over it wont seat properly at the bottom and the two pop rivets would be hard to get in. I did this a few weeks ago for my carbon fiber trim and that's what worked for me. It wasn't to bad getting them back in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i slid the top in and the weatherstripping is on correctly. the problem is getting the 2 tabs to slide into the lower pillar

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pop the lower clips and remove the black push pins. then slide it down... booya..

take a 16mm wrench and loosen the seatbelt behind the seat rails

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dunno if its the same for ur car as min, but start out with sliding in the top first so you get the tabs into the clips then you need to push on it with one hand and with a flat head screwdriver try to get the weather striping over it. If you do not get the striping over it wont seat properly at the bottom and the two pop rivets would be hard to get in. I did this a few weeks ago for my carbon fiber trim and that's what worked for me. It wasn't to bad getting them back in.
If I do that, then i cant get the 2 bottom sliders to go in.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Wondering how did you got them off? Trying to remove mine in order to have them resprayed on gloss black.
not trying to thread jack, but I didn't want to deal with removing my pillars..

so I wrapped them in a glossy black vinyl. yes, I know professionally painted pillars would look great, but for $20 I'm very happy with the results. the vinyl can tuck in behind the rubber weather strips, which made it very easy to install. took less than an hour total. just saying this as maybe something to consider? I have pics if you want

1 - 11 of 11 Posts