E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi @ all!
I have got a big problem right now. I have bought a new 330CI SMG and I am really unhappy with the center console. In my opinion it's more than ugly :bawling:. Now I want to install the console from the M3. But there is just 1 Problem left. The 330CI has the sport-button IN the Center Console, the M3 has it next to the DSC button. So there is the question what to do!?!?
right now:

should be:

Has anyone an Idea how to solve this problem? are the two buttons on-off signals? Or are they directly connected to the I-BUS? Can I just link the old cable going to the center console with the "Sport"-button next to the DSC? Or are that 2 Different system?

THX
Cybergod

·
1,213 Posts
They are just IO buttons (at least for the M3). I would buy the strip with with the sport button (m3) and wire it up in the 330. The SMG plate will fit and the only thing that wont work is the drive logic selector.

·
1,213 Posts
Cybergod said:
Great to know thx a lot! Ur totally sure, that they are just IO-Buttons? Where do you know it from? Got some plans of the electronic?

the M3 sport button is definately just a button, like i said b4, i dont know about the 330 but i can bet its just a IO button like the M3. Its cheaper for BMW to make it like this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
m3urthy said:
the M3 sport button is definately just a button, like i said b4, i dont know about the 330 but i can bet its just a IO button like the M3. Its cheaper for BMW to make it like this.
By the way... the block of button where u can also find dsc, sport and so on... is there a cable to each single button? or do all buttons have one together?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.