BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've consulted some ppl on the forum on this topic, and I figured, the more input, the merrier.

Can anyone tell me how to pass wires from the engine bay into the passenger cabin for y2k 323i? I read that there's actually an access panel underneath the steering wheel column, but I couldn't find it. If anyone can provide some pictures...or tips on how to do this...:huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't know about the steering column, but the usual way to run wires into the cabin are through the firewall on the passenger side. Look in the empty little goodies holder on the passenger side of the engine bay. There should be a circular rubber thing (about 2" in diameter) and it should have a couple nipples sticking out. You have to cut the tips off the nipples and feed the wire in. To pull the wire through, remove the glove compartment and look around for the wire's entry point.

·
all stock
382 Posts
Open up the box where your ECU is located. There will be a small round opening at the firewall area which leads into the cabin which can be accessed via the panel underneath the steering column.

·
Nymphomaniac
304 Posts
If you look on the passenger side in the engine bay you should see an oval opening covered by a rubber thing. I ran a wire through there and it came out right under the glove box. Didn't have to take the glove box out or anything.

·
Registered
914 Posts
simon323ispp said:

Can anyone tell me how to pass wires from the engine bay into the passenger cabin for y2k 323i? I read that there's actually an access panel underneath the steering wheel column, but I couldn't find it. If anyone can provide some pictures...or tips on how to do this...:huh: :huh: :huh:
Strobe lights? :dunno:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Re: Re: How to pass wires from engine bay into cabin?

CTOM9 said:

I have been considering strobes for my car. I was given a $50 gift cert for Pep Boys and I cant find anything there to buy. I did notice that they had a strobe light kit for sale.. I thought I may give it a shot.

John V

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: How to pass wires from engine bay into cabin?

CTOM9 said:

Thanks for all the advice, you guys rock!!:bow: :bow: I'll go dig around the car today after work in search of that panel.

This is actually for connecting a DAE switch in the cabin. I've been wanting to try this for a while now, but never know how or where to start. I'd like to turn DAE's on without having all my lights on.(it's tapped into fog's right now).

:D :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts