E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I just need to know what can be done to my 03 330ci to increase that deep powerfull sound of the car ? I want it to sound just like the SL55 AMG possible?

cheers guys

·
Registered
638 Posts
FD330ci said:
Hi everyone

I just need to know what can be done to my 03 330ci to increase that deep powerfull sound of the car ? I want it to sound just like the SL55 AMG possible?

cheers guys

V8 Motor swap maybe, on and S/C too.

Regarding making the car sound a bit more mean, search the archives for exhaust , theres quite a variety and there are a variety of sound clips you should be able to scrounge up.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Eurowerkz Co-Founder
829 Posts
yeah, 6 cylinder engines dont usually rumble... american v8's rumble, japanese i4's whine, and the german i6's scream

·
Registered
157 Posts
THe Borla exhaust system and AFE intake come to mind. Borla exhaust is very expensive, but it seems worth it to me. I personally like the deep burble of the borla over the high rev screem of other exhausts out there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
RuminPepsi said:
THe Borla exhaust system and AFE intake come to mind. Borla exhaust is very expensive, but it seems worth it to me. I personally like the deep burble of the borla over the high rev screem of other exhausts out there.
Do you mind posting some sound clips for us?

Perhaps some idling, with the video camera close to the exhaust tips, then you drive away from the camera? And a flyby if you're feeling frisky? ;)

I'd really appreciate it... I personally want an exhaust that has a very slight, but deep rumble at idle, and goes quiet above 4000rpm, so I can hear the engine/intake when I rev it out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the car will never make the sound of SL55 but just thought it would give you guys an idea.

I dont want the exhaust to be anywhere loud like most Jap cars when modified. Something that just multiply's the stock sound of the car by 2. :bow:

·
Sh!t Happens.
4,490 Posts
Wolfe008 said:
I was thinking of getting the Dinan intake and exhaust..how's that sound?
Dont get Dinan...Dinan Exhaust is quiet, and is over priced...The Intake is good tho, but I rather get another brand, like Gruppe M, or BMP intake...

For Exhaust, if you want loud get a TSE3 exhaust from UUC Motorwerke...:thumbup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
rjk85 said:
yeah, 6 cylinder engines dont usually rumble... american v8's rumble, japanese i4's whine, and the german i6's scream

subarus rumble too. something about that uneven idle... :thumbup:

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's not so much the number of cylinders that defines how the engine will sound.

It's the firing order of the cylinders.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts

·
Banned
514 Posts
TSE3.TSe3.......u want rumble then get a ucc tse3 exgaust...i have it on my 323cab. w/cams,dinan cai,dinan stg2,ucc pulley...and it roars!!!!!!!...and its all the exhaust as i put exhaust on day sfter other stuff, and it was quiet still. It also gave me very noticeable gain...its quicker in the city, a little sanppier, than the slug it was b4...i dont rercommend if u live in a very quiet neiborhood, and drive late night!!!!!! i let the gas off by city cops.it can be loud if you stomp on it, and very quiet on hwy ...pretty cool.

·
Banned
514 Posts
kpeng said:
UUC exhausts scare me. Price and Droning.
looks good, sounds good, ans performance is GOOD....i spent 400 on intake and 700 on software...thos edid no where as much as the tse3 on my cat for slightly more, but gettin way more 4 money...imo

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The Dinan is quiet for most people, but I think it would suit him quiet well. it multiplies the sound of a 330 2, maybe 3 fold. I took out both resonators and that sum ***** was loud. I suggest the Dinan if you just want a deep rumble, but not too loud.

·
Chilly Willy
1,763 Posts
Dougs325 said:
The Dinan is quiet for most people, but I think it would suit him quiet well. it multiplies the sound of a 330 2, maybe 3 fold. I took out both resonators and that sum ***** was loud. I suggest the Dinan if you just want a deep rumble, but not too loud.
yup! DINAN all the way baby :woot:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts