E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update SEP 2013. Swap is very easy, more easy if you buy wrecked M3 and just transfer everything over. Wiring is easy, it is %98 plug and play, few wires need to be relocated. I am using 5 speed ZF transmission and matching parts out of 330ci. I retained the 3.40 open diff and car seems to have great traction.

I did the DME programming for the swap,

If you need your MSS54 / HP S54 engine computer coded and tuned, contact me

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQJEgjcGQCM

Update and results as of July 2013:
5 months into this, and car runs great. I passed emissions no problem. My power level and curb weight is very close to CSL, so I got high performance E46 on a budget.

Update september 2013: If you are doing this same swap, I can code your S54 ecu for a swap for cheap. Only $300, send me personal message if you need this service.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Allow me to pick my jaw up off the floor. I was not expecting this, given the thread title. Good job!

·
Registered
210 Posts
This is why I don't understand these college people wasting money on worthless upgrades on their 323, 325, 330 wasting money and not getting any faster.
Thats because most college kids don't have the resources, skill, or knowledge to pull off a swap like you did and labor costs would certainly negate any savings they might have made. Excellent work by the way:thumbsup: and +1 for vids.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Damn that is nice. Question: does your car have subframe reinforcement? I'd say this car is probably a good candidate for that as it sits.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Car cam ewith E36 rims with some good tires, so far they grip fine and car rides fine, suspention is bone stock and I like it that way, it is already stiff enough. I will get better rims later, but remember this is budget build.
BBK = Big Brake kit, something I would highly recommend for your setup. And as for your suspension, it's probably pretty worn by now and in need of replacement unless it's been modified.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Finally someone here who knows what the hell they are doing. Awesome work OP!

·
Registered
173 Posts
i was coming here to write LOL , just from the tittle.

But wow good work . hopefully you can post a vid or two of it running. people need to appreciate the hard work put into this:thumbsup:

any cosmetic mods or 100% sleeper loook:hmm:

1 - 20 of 282 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.