BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a DIY to jack up the M3? I just need to jack up the front cos I want to clean up some oil

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
NOt sure if it's the same on an M3 but on my 330ci there is a covering on the bottom of the car. It has a bump that comes down towards the ground kind of like a pimple. Put a floor jack righ on that bump and jack the car. The bump will crush but that's okay because right above it is the frame of the car. If you don't have a covering on the bottom of your car behind the engine you might see a round metal pad. Use that to jack the car up from the front.

dave

·
Registered
214 Posts
Commander FAT said:
NOt sure if it's the same on an M3 but on my 330ci there is a covering on the bottom of the car. It has a bump that comes down towards the ground kind of like a pimple. Put a floor jack righ on that bump and jack the car. The bump will crush but that's okay because right above it is the frame of the car. If you don't have a covering on the bottom of your car behind the engine you might see a round metal pad. Use that to jack the car up from the front.

dave
I thought you were supposed to jack it up on those rubber mount points under the car? :dunno:

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Anonymous_FTP said:

I thought you were supposed to jack it up on those rubber mount points under the car? :dunno:
You can do that but it's not exactly possible to put jack stands on the pads when you jack from there. Those pads are usually used for jacking up the car to change a tire or to hold the car up with jack stands after you jack the car from the front or back.

dave

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
just dont use the BMW stand for a long time. they arent really reliable

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
If you dont want to crush the metal plate, use a floor jack on the rubber jack points on the side of the car, then put jack stands behind the front wheel, you'll see a metal plate there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts