BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a sub and an amp from my old car and im thinking about installing this in the trunk of my 330ci. what do i need to do? since i have Harman Kardon system, can i just hook it up to the HK subwoofer? what else do i need as far as the cables are concerned? thanks for your help

·
Registered
67 Posts
you will have to tap in to the speaker wires before the HK amp.. and connect that to the input of your new amp. As for which wires, I haven't really found a definative answer that says 'connect to this wire and this wire'

·
Registered
67 Posts
well, i just put T-Taps in on the Yellow/Black (+) Brown/Orange (-) pair... you can do the Blue/Black(+) Brown/Orange (-) pair also, if you want stereo... however, i dont know which is right or left. There should be a single white wire. That is the remote wire. I just did mine on my lunch. works perfectly.

·
Conceited Prick
1,977 Posts
Here you go.

Peripheral makes a great line-out converter called Vendetta II that is ideal for our systems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, I need some detail help from someone that has done this before. I am trying to install a new sub amp. So this is what I have done so far:
I cut all the wires that were running into the sub amp and only used the white remote and brown ground wire to hook back to the new amp. Then I ran the new amp battery wire directly to my battery.
Now I have no idea how or where to hook up my line-out convertor. I know everyone says tap into the rear speaker wires and all. But I don't know where those wires are. Ideally I'd be able to use wires that were running into the sub amp, but I don't have a wiring diagram for it.
Can anyone please help this ICE idiot? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts