E46 Fanatics Forum banner
61 - 80 of 123 Posts

· Registered
323iT - 323Cic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the file listed in the first post? I've tried downloading it twice now, and both times it almost completes and then fails.

OP- can a mirror link please be posted?
Interesting! It'll take a look into it. My apologies.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for doing this! While I was installing it, at near the end I got an error message. "MDS Hash from Global_4.32.12.7z is not correct!" Even tried re-installing it, restarting computer it keeps popping up this message near the end of install after following instructions of same boxes that you checked on the photos.

· Registered
323iT - 323Cic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Thanks again! Another question since I don't have an e46, but an F series. Would I choose the direct connection option over the instruction picture of ediasbas.ini?
With F-Series, you use E-Net, Which can be selected in the ISTA Options.

I'll update the OP, w/ instructions.

· Registered
323iT - 323Cic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Issue Confirmed! Thank you @phillybeans, @HansGretel, and @jayjaypetyrs1987 for pointing out the issue with the current ZIP file. It seems like the SQLiteDBs have been corrupted. I will be grabbing the ones from my laptop with working ISTA, and be reuploading the link. I am so sorry for the issue!

· Registered
323iT - 323Cic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
@vaah

Great News! I have found an earlier version 4.01 (Which is compatible with Windows 7).

I learned that versions 4.21 and above is only compatible with Windows 10. :rolleyes:

I'll be making some new install instructions for Version 4.01, and readding v4.32 soon as-well.

I apologize for all the frustration, I know its a PITA getting a version to work.

· Registered
323iT - 323Cic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Hello,

Thanks for your great effort.
I Want to download the Ista+ but I can't find the download link at all.
Please Support
I am currently in the process of reuploading it, please be patient!

Understememt of the decade, haha. Years ago I tried several times to get ISTA working and failed. Glad we have you around!
Much Appreciated! (y)

· Registered
1 Posts
Dunno why you took down ISTA+ 4.32.1 link? Had installed it on Win 11 (auto setup) and working all fine with INPA and BMW Tools.
To fire it up I had to set ediabas and obd.ini interface and com port and fix VoltageControl dll's for K-DCAN cable because it wasn't installed properply and wasn't working with the cable. All else is fine.

· Registered
323iT - 323Cic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Dunno why you took down ISTA+ 4.32.1 link? Had installed it on Win 11 (auto setup) and working all fine with INPA and BMW Tools.
To fire it up I had to set ediabas and obd.ini interface and com port and fix VoltageControl dll's for K-DCAN cable because it wasn't installed properply and wasn't working with the cable. All else is fine.
The was a corruption in one of the files, its being reuploaded and I'll readd the instructions for it.
--

Sorry for delay for ISTA/P Instructions, I'll hopefully finish it by the end of this week.

· Registered
3 Posts
The was a corruption in one of the files, its being reuploaded and I'll readd the instructions for it.
--

Sorry for delay for ISTA/P Instructions, I'll hopefully finish it by the end of this week.
Hi,

I just like to also Thank You for Ista+4.31 which works great, i have tested Ista+ on Windows 10 and BMW E90, E46 with k+dcan cable with switch all works as it should, installation instruction was straight forward. Tested WinKFP for updating modules on E90, inpa for diags, ncs expert for coding, tool32, ista+ all works really good. All i did just added SPDaten 69. Looking forward for instructions for Ista P install for programming. Once again Thanks.

· Sofa-king-what
'00 323Cic manual
2,363 Posts
I have not tested ENET yet.

However, I believe you can change the settings to hop back and forth if you click the (wrench/spanner) in the top right when ISTA is loaded.

Then it will show Interface Type:

Edibas Default Settings (edibas.ini) - This is what is currently selected

You'd want to select: Dealer Organization ICOM / ENET Local Area Network (For F-Series, etc)

ok problem solved, firewall and a wrong IP setting on LAN were causing the issue....

now a quick question

My ISTA is 4.14, from 2018, no problem for diagnosis, but in the eventuality that I want to update SW on modules this will use an older Database right?

is there a way to update it without installing a newer version of ISTA?? (like we used to do with SPdaten for standard tools)?

· Registered
323iT - 323Cic
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
ok problem solved, firewall and a wrong IP setting on LAN were causing the issue....

now a quick question

My ISTA is 4.14, from 2018, no problem for diagnosis, but in the eventuality that I want to update SW on modules this will use an older Database right?

is there a way to update it without installing a newer version of ISTA?? (like we used to do with SPdaten for standard tools)?
I don't believe you can update without installing a newer version of ISTA unfortunately.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I just like to also Thank You for Ista+4.31 which works great, i have tested Ista+ on Windows 10 and BMW E90, E46 with k+dcan cable with switch all works as it should, installation instruction was straight forward. Tested WinKFP for updating modules on E90, inpa for diags, ncs expert for coding, tool32, ista+ all works really good. All i did just added SPDaten 69. Looking forward for instructions for Ista P install for programming. Once again Thanks.
EDIT: Sorry i meant Ista + 4.32.15 version.

61 - 80 of 123 Posts