Rob B.· Registered
What a surprise!! I'll give it a try. I'm downloading it now. Thank you for the effort!@vaah
Great News! I have found an earlier version 4.01 (Which is compatible with Windows 7).
I learned that versions 4.21 and above is only compatible with Windows 10.
I'll be making some new install instructions for Version 4.01, and readding v4.32 soon as-well.
I apologize for all the frustration, I know its a PITA getting a version to work.
@tbouchard991 Hello I ran into problem. What do I fill in for the home ISIS field? I tried random string, it gave me error..
View attachment 970484
View attachment 970485
EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon. lol, I just relaunched the app, it works fine. Now I'm off to my car to try read any errors.
Just updated OP!
Thanks for the Update!Oh Goodness! My apologies, ill finish the instructions tonight for ISTA/P.
Are you looking to program or diagnose your E-Series?
Min 5Gb of RAM / Memory.Install Instructions: ISTA+ v4.32.15Requirements
- Windows 10 v1903 or higher, 11 (32-bit or 64-bit)
-> Windows 7/8 is NOT supported!
- K+DCAN Cable (I recommend Pro K+DCAN Cable from BimmerGeek)
-> Amazon/eBay cables are hit or miss
- BMW Standard Tools MUST be installed, and working correctly!
-> How to Install BMW Standard Tools
- 150GBs or more availble space on your Hard Drive or SSD.
-> I have tested it w/ 140GB's, and it would throw an error.
Still working on it, hopefully be up in the next few days. Sorry for the wait.Did you finish ista/P? I have an ICOM hooked up but it says I dont have ISTA/P to do programming features.
No worries, really appreciate your guides! By far the best I have seen yet.Still working on it, hopefully be up in the next few days. Sorry for the wait.
both, so is ISTA+ v4.32.15 the correct version?Are you looking to program or diagnose your E-Series?
Which version did you download?I downloaded the RAR, and in the Rheilgold directory there is no directory Rheingold\TesterGUI
What did I mess up?
4.1 - I have an old version of Windows so I can run INPA/NCSExpert - don't I have to use the older ISTA?Which version did you download?
Ill take a look at the file when I get home in a few hours. My apologies for the issue.4.1 - I have an old version of Windows so I can run INPA/NCSExpert - don't I have to use the older ISTA?
I opened the .rar and this is what I have.4.1 - I have an old version of Windows so I can run INPA/NCSExpert - don't I have to use the older ISTA?
Ista+ is not letting me use programming, any idea why this would be? is there a special setup? I have an ICOM Next.Good News!
I stumbled upon another version of ISTA 4.32.15 which has Service Data.
Note: ISTA+ does not program E-series.
-> Will be uploading soon.
View attachment 970937
I also am testing a version of ISTA/P and once I get that confirmed it works I'll upload it.
Also to clarify ISTA Versions:
Credit: Almaretto @ Bimmerfest
E-Series & R05x Mini:
Fxx- / Ixx- / Gxx-Series, Mini (F05x/F06x), & Rolls-Royce:
- Interface = K+DCAN Cable (OBDII to USB) or ICOM
- ECU Data Files = SP-Daten
- NCS Expert = Coding Software
- WinKFP = Programming (Flashing) Software
- EDIABAS = Low Level ECU Communication Software used by NCS Expert & WinKFP
- Interface = ENET Cable (OBDII to RJ45 Ethernet) or ICOM
- ECU Data Files = PSdZData
- E-Sys = Coding Software
- E-Sys = Programming (Flashing) Software
Additional Dealership Level Software
- ICOM A: main interface
- ICOM B: adapter for programming multimedia in E series
- ICOM C: adapter for old BMW with round 20 pin diagnostic plug
- ICOM D: adapter for motorcycles
- ISTA+ (AKA Rheingold or ISTA-D)
- DIAGNOSTICS for All Vehicles
- PROGRAMMING for F/I/G/RR & MINI, but requires an ICOM
- Additional Details: Beginner's Guide to BMW ISTA+
- PROGRAMMING traditionally for all chassis, but F-/I-/G-series phased out with 3.63.5 release (March 2018).
- ICOM Recommended. An ICOM emulator with K+DCAN or ENET can be used, but will NOT communicate over all protocols to program every ECU.
- Replacement ECU's must be NEW
ISTA+ in the current download doesn't have the SDP for Programming.Ista+ is not letting me use programming, any idea why this would be? is there a special setup? I have an ICOM Next.
Also I got Ista/P from a utorrent download but there is a weird problem: The terminal 15 voltage keeps cutting out to 0.0V. because of it the DME might be bricked..