BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a set of hamann add-on for my coupe, i tried the front and rear, they r easy to fit on, but i cant really put on the sides, do i need to take out the original, then put on the hamanns' or the hamanns are over the top of original?

btw, if i put on the rear add-on, my dinan exhaust will touch the edge, any suggestion? Thanks for answering my dumb qs

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
The rear, u cant really do much, if it touches, all u can do is cut off the addon a bit to accomodate it, or else remount the exhaust a bit. but even if its touching it realyl doesnt do much anyway.

The skirt is a replacement. u'll have to remove ur stocks. To do this, first remove the 9 plastic studs on the bottom by popping them out. then slowly pull the skirt out. the skirt is attached by clips that in turn is attached to the car, u'll see this once u pop them out. they are white rectangular shaped.

The hamann skirts should have holes for u to put the clips in. But from installing couple sets of skirts i realize that the fiberglass isnt so great in supporting the clips because when u pop them back into the car, the fiberglass tend to break. So what i would suggest is use 3M industrial strength double sided tape. Use that to mount the skirt where you would normally clip them in. ( remove any clips obviously) Make sure you line up the skirt with the holes on the bottom where you'll be putting the plastic studs back. These tapes are extremely strong so you only have 1 shot or else it'll be almost impossible to correct it. After the skirts are stuck on, reinstall the plastic studs on the bottom.

Enjoy ur new kit!

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,594 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts