E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Use that on 64 bits at your own risk guys.
You are already using a clone interface made in China originally made by PA Soft in Russia, already BMW Scanner is not 100% sound, so over a a cloned interface on a 64 bits systems, yeah that looks alright, but you are taking risks that can be costly.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Like for example....? Now im a little concerned. I have noticed the Chinese version not allowing me to read some e46s that I've worked on, when inpa and ncsexpert (through vmware xp) works fine but it talks to my computer just fine. I wonder if the ews mcu reader im using also goes through that same ftdi driver thing. Lol. I'd hate to be coding someone's mcu and then it crap out on me. So far, everything went well with mine.
Like your program crashes in the middle of a coding/programing operation because of an invalid procedure call, memory violation and so on, because it was not properly compiled on a 64 bits platform etc. Not fun.

BMW Scanner does not handle all the ECU of the e46, e53...
Today I could not connect to a DDE4 of a 2002 3.d X5 for example. I used INPA and connected fine.
Plus BMW Scanner is not able to all your car modules either, even though a lot appear on those 3 pages. It is a handy tool, but it has its limitations.

If you are serious about coding, get yourself the appropriate hardware. Now if you have some tools to simply code your car once, fair enough. But customers cars on a regular basis? Lets be serious. Keep yourself out of potentially serious troubles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.