E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
cikapoofy said:
I can only lock and unlock my from 20 or 30 feet away, does ne1 kno how to increase the range of this?
Hold key pressing the metal part on the underside your chin. It will increase the range for 100s of feet. I know it sounds dumb but I'm dead serious. I can unlock my car from the 8th floor of my work building just like I was 5 feet away.

-D

·
Registered
73 Posts
cikapoofy said:
wow that really does work. thanx for the info
NP. I learned it from the "easter egg" thread on here a while back. Do a search for it for lots of cool tricks and stuff you may not have known.

-D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ya, the BMW-forums has a sticky on its e46 forum that gives you some tips and tricks for your e46. The chin trick is one of them, but there a lot more. Like how to get into the cars diagnostic modes and the such. There is a lot of stuff that will blow your mind.

As far as the chin thing goes...can anyone explain why that works? Who figured that one out? Oh I will just touch the key to my chin...I bet that will increase range. :str8pimpi

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,456 Posts
Yes, what's the science behind the key-to-chin technique? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
17,964 Posts
perhaps the key channels your brain power to emit super energized rays of transmission to unlock the realms of the bimmer.

.....too many diet cokes this morning....

·
Formerly 330CI6spd
620 Posts
Dev said:
Yes, what's the science behind the key-to-chin technique? Inquiring minds want to know.
the hair on your head acts as an extended antenna.. just like if you touch metal with your keys its range will increase... :hi:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,456 Posts
Granted, our bodies do have static. Hmmm. So if that theory is in place, it should also work for TV remote controls, eh? Someone quick--go try it with a TV remote control. Inquiring minds want to know.

·
ModBargains CEO
5,508 Posts
You would probably have to be touching a metal part of the remote control for that to work... I'm pretty sure the plastic shell of a remote control would block the human body's natural antenna capabilities from working.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,456 Posts
:eek:wned: Hehehe. Ok, I need to test this out when I leave work.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Djguebin said:
it works, it increased my distance like 5x....maybe more...also work if it touch ur head..
Some Audi freinds of mine said that they have an antenna under the back seat that can be rewired or exposed and will increase range over 200 feet. :idea:
Anyone knows where the antenna is on E46 (sedan)

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,456 Posts
Djguebin said:
it works...also work if it touch ur head..
Will this pose any radiation problems (e.g cell phones debate)? :D :D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts