BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I had an 2000 Acura 3.2 TL previously to my 2003 bmw 330ci. Whenever I unlocked my Acura with the key the xenon's would automatically light up. I was wondering if there is anyway the dealership could set this up or if not if someone could figure out with schematics to set this (Streeteffectz). Just let me know if anybody has attempted this. Thanx

·
call me kev :D
6,308 Posts
i don't know why you would want to do this.. and not to mention it's not a good idea to run xenon without starting your engine..

·
Registered
126 Posts
asif2002 said:
Hey guys,
I had an 2000 Acura 3.2 TL previously to my 2003 bmw 330ci. Whenever I unlocked my Acura with the key the xenon's would automatically light up. I was wondering if there is anyway the dealership could set this up or if not if someone could figure out with schematics to set this (Streeteffectz). Just let me know if anybody has attempted this. Thanx
Your Acura Xenon light up when you unlocked your Acura with your remote/key because you left your light switch on and after you exit and lock your car the light automatic shut off about 1 minute delay. So when you return and unlock it the light will come back on. My '02 TLS did the same thing!

·
No more E46 :(
2,656 Posts
Re: Re: How to get Xenons to light up with key.

ct02330xi said:

Your Acura Xenon light up when you unlocked your Acura with your remote/key because you left your light switch on and after you exit and lock your car the light automatic shut off about 1 minute delay. So when you return and unlock it the light will come back on. My '02 TLS did the same thing!
Yup, it's the automatic headlights. Same thing as the Accord EX...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya but my BMW has auto as well and leave it on they shut off and dont turn on with remote. Someone has to have the scheamtics of the wiring because all that needs to be done is to find which wire is for the lights and set the relay up to the interior lights so that way when you shut the car off the lights will turn off and turn on when you unlock the car.

·
Registered
726 Posts
yeah, but i want it to turn them on automatically without pulling the stalk and then come on again when i press the unlock arrow

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what stalk do you have to pull back? What is a stalk?

·
Registered
94 Posts
asif2002 said:
what stalk do you have to pull back? What is a stalk?
a

The brights. Pull back on the 'stalk' after you shut off your car, as if you were going to flash your high beams at someone.

The lights will then stay on for 40 seconds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts