BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just waxed my car for the first time myself. I guess I did a sloppy job because all the white wax residue has "seeped" into the plastic moldings around the doors and rear bumper. Also, the lighter black plastic around the windows have the same "stains". Any recommendations on how to wipe this off. Armor All? Goo-gone?

thanks in advance!

snyds
:dunno: :banghead:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick reply. Any recomendations for preventing this from happening again. Any tricks???

-snyds

·
'a certain moderator'
36,771 Posts
wash your car with liquid dish detergent, is more harsh than the car wash stuff, but only by a little, and its great for getting off wax that has been left over (before you wax again), so maybe u could use it in concentrated areas to get the excess off the plastic

(or u could buy Xymol and it doesnt leave any residue on the black panels, only shines them up :thumbup: )

-brendan

·
Retired
1,338 Posts
I just tape off my moldings with masking tape. I've tried Mother's Back to Black and it doesnt do anything really. It'll make it look more black, but the wax is still there. An eraser will work pretty well too, but wont remove all of it. I still havent tried peanut butter yet :dunno:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
simsima325 said:
wash your car with liquid dish detergent, is more harsh than the car wash stuff, but only by a little,
This is true, when used on the plastic it will very easily remove the wax. Just be careful though, this will easily strip ALL way so I definatly would not recommend it for washing the entire car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just mix up that car wash solution with water in a little stronger solution, and use a hand towel to go over the trim pieces. Should come right off. As for next time, just be careful when applying the wax, use hand towels to wax/remove.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts