BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
HAHAHA i just did this today. put my hamann ebrake on. yea u gotta twist and pull and twist and pull. it is a B-I-A-T-C-H to take that thing off. my hands were all red and bruised after. but thats the only way to do it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I did it the easy way...

I took a cloth and wrapped it around the e-brake. Then I took a HUGE wrench and clamped down. I twisted it around about 2 times and the thing slid right off. No Prob.

The e-brake I took if is in fine condition too, you can barely tell any damage.

Nice choice on the Hamann e-brake, I love mine.

Good luck.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
Every Ebrake is different. in tightness. mine was VERY tight. but a friend of mine that i helped took off was very easy.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,316 Posts
Yeah, I just installed a new shift knob last night, and I did hit myself in the forehead like you guys all mentioned. :banghead:

My brother helped me install it, and he kept asking, "Are you sure you just pull it and it comes off?" And I told him, "yeah, that's what everyone on the boards say." He didn't believe me because he's an MBZ fanatic, and on those they just have a little knob you twist at the bottom of the shift knob and it comes loose...I dont understand why BMW made it so complicated for their knobs..:huh:

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:
Yeah, I just installed a new shift knob last night, and I did hit myself in the forehead like you guys all mentioned. :banghead:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Mpowered said:
me pulling away

Looks you have had a lot of practice before......:D :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
281 Posts
after u take the boot off, stick a screwdriver in the backside of the handle and just tap it out with a hammer ... sounds like the logical thing to do

1 - 18 of 18 Posts