E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like most of the people wanting to drop their XI want a substantial drop. I just want something close to a RWD E46 with a ride that is close to the stock setup. What is best way to do that? Coilovers? I run the original 16" wheels with snow tires in the Winter and 18" BBS wheels the other other 3 seasons.

·
Registered
27,532 Posts
ZHP springs?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Eibach ProKit is less raked and higher in the front than H&Rs. Koni is close to stock ride and adjustible. You can keep the 15mm spring pad in the rear and you can test out the rough road spacer that can be put under the front strut mount.
I have Eibach/ Koni and find its about right. This was an extreme winter and this is the first year I broke the plastic splash protector under the engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. From everything I've read on here it sounds like Eibach springs and Koni shocks are the way to go. I just want minimize the gap a little (it looks worse with the 18" wheels) and limit potential damage to other suspension components.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just ordered some Konis + Eibachs based on the recommendations/readings from this board. Most ppl seem to indicate it's a a good daily driver setup.

·
Registered
158 Posts
H&R springs and Bilstein HD shocks and struts dropped mine approx 1.5 inches

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
They only have the sport springs for the xi

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just ordered the Eibach Pro Kit and Konis. The front left shock is on national backorder, so it will be late April before I can do the install. I'll post a picture when it's done.

·
Vendor
13,147 Posts
Can't go wrong with H&R Sport Springs...

The most popular spring in H&R's line-up, Sport Springs will lower your vehicle an average of 1.2-1.5 inches for a lower center of gravity, improved handling, and a more aggressive appearance. Sport springs feature a spring rate that is firmer than that of the OE Sport spring but is still comfortable enough for daily use.

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have Eibach spring and stock sport shock. So far so good. I have no complain of ride quality and there is no sign of any wear.

Stock sport shock : 120k miles
Eibach spring : 70k miles

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just installed the Koni/Eibach setup yesterday. Liking it so far. I didn't take measurements or pictures on the drop but it works for me. I imagine it'll drop a little more over the next week or so, then I'll get the alignment squared away. Squat and roll are significantly reduced but the ride quality is still very good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts