BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered when i was in a taxi the other day and his dash was very shiny, lol.
My dash looks pretty dry so what do people use to look after their interior?
everything interior btw. dash, seats, etc.
thx:)
Andrew

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Interior cleaner + treatment from local auto shop like Super Cheap, Repco or Autobarn. Does miracles in keeping my interior look and feel fresh, and shiny too; especially just after a clean.

·
Registered
184 Posts
armour all?
I was told never use thier products on dashboard/leather... since they are silicone based products (make things look shinny and oily), it "boils" your leather/dashboard under the sun...

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
29,086 Posts
BMW dealers carry a vinyl cleaner designed specifically for our dashes and door panels. I have been using it for about two years and have always been very happy with the finished product. Makes it look nice and clean without being shiny.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
i use armoural, been using it for about 4 years and my interior looks brand new, i always get compliments on how they cant believe a 8 year old car is so immac.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Amorall?? only if you want a sweaty greasy looking dash.
The dash is meant to have a flat matte finish, there's nothing worse than a shiny dash or any other plastic parts.
Currently using the BMW product for plastic and vinyl care, works a treat and dries to a niced matte finish, as it should.
Also use BMWs leather care for the seats every month or so.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
and wats ur suggestions sam?
ixnay on the shiney dashnay

i use Einzsett Cockit Premium on plastics - leaves matt finish. Over the counter stuff id go with Autoglym Interior Shampoo

on leather i use either Zaino Z9 Cleaner + Z10 Conditioner or Gliptone Leather cleaner + conditioner. Haven't really found anything over the counter for good cleaning of leather, maybe try the BMW foam leather cleaner

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wait i think ppl misunderstand my point...i didnt say i want the interior shiny, except maybe for the seats, i said that the taxi was shiny and that made me wonder how to make the interior looking like new again!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol just looks dry and crackly. guess thats whats its meant to me. btw i also realised that the bmw breaks produce alot of break dust, whats the easiest way to clean the wheels?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
.......... btw i also realised that the bmw breaks produce alot of break dust, whats the easiest way to clean the wheels?
Honestly man, it's not rocket science, use water and a car shampoo and use a seperate sponge for your wheels.
And I keep reading this myth about BMWs producing more brake dust, if you're getting a lot of dust buildup it simply suggests to me that you're not washing your car often enough.
A car washed every week will not show any brake dust buildup.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The key is to clean them regularly.

I use P21S wheel cleaner. When you're washing your car, spray them on the wheels after hosing. Then while you are washing the rest of your car, the solution will work its magic and remove the brake dust build up. You can simply just spray it off when u rinse the car. (If you want, you can also scrub the wheels with a soft sponge to help the cleaning process).
The good thing about P21S is that it's safe on all wheel surfaces.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
ixnay on the shiney dashnay

i use Einzsett Cockit Premium on plastics - leaves matt finish. Over the counter stuff id go with Autoglym Interior Shampoo

on leather i use either Zaino Z9 Cleaner + Z10 Conditioner or Gliptone Leather cleaner + conditioner. Haven't really found anything over the counter for good cleaning of leather, maybe try the BMW foam leather cleaner
Take SAMs advice.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts