E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have an 01 325Ci vert with 133k miles, and I want to get more power out of it. I want to keep the car for a long time and invest some money into it to restoration level and a bit of performance, but I am always questioning if I would think if it's worth it in the future (as I love my car no, but with more money later, I may want more power from a different bimmer).

I don't think I would want an M3 engine in just an e46 vert (I'll get a different car for that), so what ways could I get more power out of the 325i to make it equivalent or even higher than a 330?

Also, can you let me know if it would even be worth it to do, or should I just buy a 330 version and save the headache?
If so, I would like to point out that this was the only manual e46 vert that I saw in my area for at least two months, and so I got impatient and bought it. This was at least four months ago.

·
Super Moderator
2004 325i automagic
3,489 Posts
Other than swapping in a 3L engine, I think forced induction is really the only thing you could do to get a 325 to or past a 330 equivalent.

·
Super Moderator
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,943 Posts
Forced induction or nitrous. Honestly, for the time and money it would take to set either of those up, you could far more easily swap in a B30 or just find a 330Ci. The B30 is pretty much plug-and-play, but the actual 330 got bigger brakes and a few other perks over the 325 also. Gotta be willing to travel for the right car, though.

·
Registered
2004 325i
878 Posts
For the amount of money you’re going to spend to try and get the b25 to b30 power levels, you’d be better off swapping in the b30 and putting money into it.

Reactions: greenewolfe
1 - 7 of 7 Posts