BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okk...i have a question ...

on the BMW OEM Stereo Headunit ( Business CD ) in the E46 models or the new Z4, How do you display the Time on a Track ? The SECS.miliSeconds format ?

And Why doesn't the head-unit display the time when you are searching >> through a track ??

__ manik

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought !!

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT TOO !!! WTFFF doesn't the Head Unit have such a SIMPLE feature ??? Someone's @ BMW better have a REALLY good answer for this !

Chase265 said:
I don't think the oem cd players has that option...I know mine didn't have that feature....:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I'm sure they deliberately left out this feature. It has nothing to do w/ cost, and it has nothing to do w/ display size. The display has more than enough room to display the track time, and even the navigation head unit does not display the track time w/ that huge LCD. Many factory head units have this "problem" so I'm sure there's a reason behind it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have sony head unit !

bender said:
i thought you had a sony head unit?
:D yeah, I do have a Sony Head Unit ! But my friend has a brand new Z4 and his head unit does not have that feature. Even my stock M3 head unit lacks the same functionality !!! WTFFF ??

Oringally posted by Jspeed
I'm sure they deliberately left out this feature. It has nothing to do w/ cost, and it has nothing to do w/ display size. The display has more than enough room to display the track time, and even the navigation head unit does not display the track time w/ that huge LCD. Many factory head units have this "problem" so I'm sure there's a reason behind it.
..... i know it has nothing to do with cost.... just lack of judgement !! I still DO NOT UNDERSTAND the reason behind leaving a very instrumental and elemental feature out of a CD player !!!! Why the hell do i need to keep looking @ the track number when looking at a Track Number + Track Time is the more "wanted" thing to do !

Here's one scenario :

You have to admit, when you are listening to a CD and the song is kinda long, and you come a part that you like in the song, and you memorize the approx position of it ( e.g. 2 mins into the 8 minute track the song gets better ! ), you want to jump to it next time you listen to it....don't you think it is NEEDED then ? Or even, when you need to see how much of the CD has played or how much time is left till the end, you need to see that cumulative time !!

Seriously, someone needs to explain how the absence of such a feature makes sense !!

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
seriously, i listen to some live techno and trance performances i have DL'd, sometimes one single track that is 60 min long, it sucks when u cant fast forward thru the song

manik knows what i'm talkin about :D

-brendan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts