E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
02/2004 330i KM35527
455 Posts
IIRC, the headlights turn off in the 0 position, but the "parking" lights still stay on. You headlights are not turning off at all?

·
Registered
02/2004 330i KM35527
455 Posts
dude. Are you talking about the orange parking/blinker lights? or actual bright white headlights??

I was told the parking lights are designed to be ON in the "0" position by design so the cars don't get hit by snow plows in the snow when parked overnight. lol. makes sense.

·
Registered
02/2004 330i KM35527
455 Posts
Yeah, you are looking at the inners set as DRL as I suspected. They run at about 5V instead of 12V in the high beam position. Very easy to turn them off but you will need PA Soft 1.4 or NCS Expert software. Takes about 60 seconds in PA Soft 1.4 to turn them off.
Is there a way to turn that feature off? I was told by many members there was not. I've looked at the LCM in PA SOFT and have not seen an option..

·
Registered
02/2004 330i KM35527
455 Posts
Took a look at my LCM today and the coding is the same as this screen shot here. I believe I have a better understanding of what the OP was saying...I don't believe it's "daytime running lights"

I notice when I park my vehicle with the LCM in the 0 position, If I flip the blinker left or right. The side marker light will stay fully illuminated on the side the blinker switch is in position. Also if I happen to tap my high beams, they will fully illuminate and not stop with illumination even once the switch is depressed. I have to cycle the LCM switch to fully on then back to 0 position again to get them to stop illumination.

Can anyone give some insight to this?

·
Registered
02/2004 330i KM35527
455 Posts
SP1200, Jkcrist05330i, is in the car in "0" position and hope he would be aware if there's snow plowing coming his way. and hope he would turn off car (and lights would turn off) when parking overnight.
Yeah I'm sorry. I believe I was meaning to refer to the position (Auto) just left of the 0 position. That how my 2001 325i was coded. It was a good position to leave the LCM in for auto headlights except for the fact the parking/marker lights would ALWAYS stay on. lol. A user on the forums told me that to inform the snow plow where your BMW is parked during a storm. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts